Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wavey: Hi people,
does anyone have a varis air duct on their front bumper?(or any other brand)
what are your comments? (looks, performance),
is it easy to get ther airfilter wet in on a rainy day or when you give the car a bath?

what would b a better decision, using this with a CAI or a POPcharger?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know, look great, my biggest questions are these tho:

:quote: is it easy to get ther airfilter wet in on a rainy day or when you give the car a bath?

what would b a better decision, using this with a CAI or a POPcharger? :quote:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what would be better, a popcharger with the varis airduct, or a K&N typhoon kit?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I may get myself one of these, does anyone know specs on actual performance gains from this with a pop charger? does heavy rain effect it any?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Getting the filter wet is not an issue, my Injen get seriously wet when I drive in the rain and I have seen no problems whatever. When you wash the car, just don't spray water directly at the hole.

Gains for a duct are a little hard to verify because you need to be moving at speed in order to measure the advantage. Without a wind tunnel, I am not sure it's possible. Aside from that don't expect much, the whole front side behind the grill is a high pressure area with air wanting to get through any way it can.

It has a cool look to it though.

Chris

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
what would be better, a popcharger with the varis airduct, or a K&N typhoon kit?
Have a look at the Typhoon kit, and what makes it the "Typhoon kit" over a standard K&N pod, and the answer will be self explantory.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
the Varis would work best with the K&N or the Popcharger. the CAI is down in such a spot that you would basically just be putting another hole in the front of your car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts