Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know any details on these? and if we can get them in the states? This looks pretty sick! Ride height adjustment on the fly!

[iframe]http://www.topsecretjpn.com/roberuta.shtml[/iframe]

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
It's just a cup kit that goes on top of your coilover that fits most of the coilovers available.

I have no idea if Top Secret makes any coilovers for the Z though.

Basically, it's like the Tein EDFC. :) But the Tein EDFC only fits the FLEX coilover. So this may be a good product. :)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
They must use a third party to import. That's pretty expensive for a daily driver.

·
Registered
95 Posts
From what I've gathered so far Tein was showing this Roberuta system at SEMA. I think a couple of different companies might be relabelling and selling it as their own. Regardless, this is not EDFC. This is completely different. It adjusts the ride height, and has about 2-3" of travel, on the fly. So if your Z is lowered you can raise it to drive over a speed bump. :werd:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/quote]
Doesn't that affect ride height?
<div align="right">[snapback]91825[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, Damping is basically how "thick" the oil/gas in the shocks feels. The springs affect the ride height based on their stiffness and positioning.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
[/quote]
[/quote]
It's basically an adjustment of how much you're going to feel every imperfection in the road

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]
[/quote]

No, Damping is basically how "thick" the oil/gas in the shocks feels. The springs affect the ride height based on their stiffness and positioning.
<div align="right">[snapback]91840[/snapback]
[/quote]
:doh: :cheers:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
So let me get this straight.. you can raise and lower your car on the fly, and your alignment stays in spec how? Every time you change height, it changes your alignment settings too.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]

the EDFC works with the Tein CS too
<div align="right">[snapback]92682[/snapback]
[/quote]
You sure?

Not directed towards you...why would anyone go with Tein CS when you can get the FLEX for ~$3 more? What kind of difference is there going to be?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it says something about dropping your car to the max for the show, so perhaps it is not intended to function as variable height adjustments while driving.

·
Registered
95 Posts
[/quote]

Your alignment wouldn't be in spec. at every setting, but it allows you to adjust the height regardless. If you drove around for extended periods of time at a height your wheels aren't set up for you would certainly have some uneven tire wear. But the system I saw had programmed points so you could always get back to your default height easily. Personally, I like the idea of being able to lift my car to avoid curbs, drive up ramps, clear a jack, and so on.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Wouldn't it be neat if you could program it so under 15mph it raises automatically for driveways, above 15mph it goes to a 1 inch drop (where the alignment would be set for) and at a stop it slams itself, so you look good at the lights and parked.
:)

Actually just being able to switch between stock and 1" would be enough for me, I like not having to worry about driveways.

Chris

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]
You sure?

Not directed towards you...why would anyone go with Tein CS when you can get the FLEX for ~$3 more? What kind of difference is there going to be?
<div align="right">[snapback]92685[/snapback]
[/quote]

TEIN CS Coil Overs (Comfort Spec)
Engineered to deliver a comfortable ride while still providing increased performance. Fully adjustable ride height and 16 position damping, complete with rubber upper strut mounts.
EDFC compatible.

i have checked this with other places as well. the main differeince would be the flex is more for the road racing while the CS is for mostly the street driver that may not want to ttrack but increase suspension performance

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]
You sure?

<div align="right">[snapback]92685[/snapback]
[/quote]

TEIN CS Coil Overs (Comfort Spec)
Engineered to deliver a comfortable ride while still providing increased performance. Fully adjustable ride height and 16 position damping, complete with rubber upper strut mounts.
EDFC compatible.

i have checked this with other places as well. the main differeince would be the flex is more for the road racing while the CS is for mostly the street driver that may not want to ttrack but increase suspension performance
<div align="right">[snapback]92876[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ahh, thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
[/quote]
I think you'd get a little motion sick :vomit: when it jumps up under 15mph and then drops all the way down when you stop. The back up when you go again and down an inch over 15mph :biggrin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (DiRN @ Apr 15 2005, 02:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=93001
I think you'd get a little motion sick :vomit: when it jumps up under 15mph and then drops all the way down when you stop. The back up when you go again and down an inch over 15mph :biggrin:
actually, alot mercedes amg's use this type of suspension. the car lowers when going at higher speeds. there's actually a control in the car which lower/raise the car when at a stop. pretty coo to me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts