Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started having issues with not shifting properly so I took my 2005 Roadster to the nearest shop and they diagnosed that I needed a new transmission (approx $4k)! It was throwing P1759, P1757, and P0744 codes. So I spoke to my brother about it (He's an ASE certified mechanic and owns a shop), he decided to break it down and have a look. After much diagnoses, research and internet diving we were able to find the problem part and fix the issue for $25. Incredible! Issues are gone! He's writing up instructions for the fix now and can provide them for a fee. I know this forum is all about sharing info but this is his profession. PM me if you are interested. I helped him do the work so I can tell you that while it is a pain, its relatively easy considering the savings.

·
Super Moderator
1,374 Posts
So, this was a internal issue with the five-speed slushbox? Did you have to break the gearbox down?

Is this a project the average DIYer could hope to do by themselves?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I started having issues with not shifting properly so I took my 2005 Roadster to the nearest shop and they diagnosed that I needed a new transmission (approx $4k)! It was throwing P1759, P1757, and P0744 codes. So I spoke to my brother about it (He's an ASE certified mechanic and owns a shop), he decided to break it down and have a look. After much diagnoses, research and internet diving we were able to find the problem part and fix the issue for $25. Incredible! Issues are gone! He's writing up instructions for the fix now and can provide them for a fee. I know this forum is all about sharing info but this is his profession. PM me if you are interested. I helped him do the work so I can tell you that while it is a pain, its relatively easy considering the savings.

·
Super Moderator
1,374 Posts
P1716, P1754 asre my codes
Why not start a new thread about your tranny? Rather than muddy this one up, you can describe your Z, what's going on and possibly get some answers about your problems.

Also, it's been five months since the OP has posted about his auto tranny. I doubt he's coming back to discuss his fix any further...

·
Registered
10 Posts
[/QUOTE]
Why not start a new thread about your tranny? Rather than muddy this one up, you can describe your Z, what's going on and possibly get some answers about your problems.

Also, it's been five months since the OP has posted about his auto tranny. I doubt he's coming back to discuss his fix any further...

Ok Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi I have a 350z nissan 2004 automatic transmission. with codes p1716 Revolution Sensor P1754 Imput Clutch, I lost my reverse early morning, the when it warms up it engaged. it kicks from from 1st gear to 4th gear, some time it slips fronm 2nd to 3rd and 4th. 3 day ago I just replace 5 qrtz of transmission fluid and it is working somehow better than before. Last year a technitian welded a solenoid contact in the TCM. Everybody tell me that I have to get another transmission. I can get an use one with low mileage but I have a tcm to replace the one that is working now. Any idea if I replace the TCM it will work or just get another tranny? Than you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts