Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my UTEC and and tuner REG system today. I'm hoping to have it installed and tuned later this week.

You might recall that I dyno'ed 255whp last Friday.

Let's see what a little "tuning" will do for the numbers.

I'll keep you apprised...

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Man, I can't wait to see what kind of difference this will make on your car.

Any idea when you plan on getting her dyno'ed with the UTEC??

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man, I can't wait to see what kind of difference this will make on your car.

Any idea when you plan on getting her dyno'ed with the UTEC??
It depends on when I can get it installed and tuned. They both will happen on the same day and I hope this will be later this week or early next week. The install is plug and play, but the tuning process-as I understand-will take a few hours-including dyno time-as there aren't a lot of NA maps available. The best I've heard about is 285whp on an NA Z with bolt-on mods that are equivalent to mine.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
yea i am thinking of getting this as well, and its going to be very interesting to see the results

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Rock on! I'm very eager to see the results! All this talk about UTEC has made me seriously think about this as a long term investment no matter which way I go with my Z.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
You will know as soon as I do!!! :cheers:
Well..... not quite "as soon" as you :lol:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
this should be a new one!

hope it will come up to everyones expectation
So do I!!

This is what it's all about. You hear all the talk, now it's time for some results!

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I saw Jermaine from Turbo X's numbers and with APS plenum, test pipes, and Turbo X's intake. He was pushing 278 I believe. I'm thinking you should be able to tweek a little more. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I saw Jermaine from Turbo X's numbers and with APS plenum, test pipes, and Turbo X's intake. He was pushing 278 I believe. I'm thinking you should be able to tweek a little more. :thumbsup:
I didn't see his numbers, but I heard that he has "tweeked" a little and ended up at 285whp.

I don't have my test pipes on now. I had no back pressure and exhaust was WAY TOO LOUD imo. I'm hoping that the stock cats allow good numbers. If not, I'm going to get some HF cats.

I'm making it clear that I want his numbers or better. We'll see...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Unit has been running flawlessly for over 2 months on my car, with 530 to the wheels!!Youll love it trust me..
I'm going FI this spring. This is just a prelude to that. I want 300whp before FI, if I can achieve it at a reasonable cost.

I'll be chatting with you over the winter...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The Unit has been running flawlessly for over 2 months on my car, with 530 to the wheels!!Youll love it trust me..
I noticed your site suggests that the unlimited tuning HF cats are not recommended for FI applications. Why?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts