Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got the open loop boost control working on the UTEC utilizing the APS Solenoid form their boost control. It was something we wanted to do for a while and just got around to doing it So now with the addition of an inexpensive Boost Control Solonoid, you can have the UTEC control a complete boost,timing and fuel map!!This eliminates the need for an expensive boost controler and gives you the simplicity of being able to store multiple maps in the UTEC and switch them on the fly...So for exmaple you will be able to store up to 5 different maps complete with boost settings, that you can switch between on the fly!!! Lets say you want to run one 9psi map for 93 octane on the street,now one at 9psi with less timing for the summer,or one for the winter oxigenated gasoline mix we get, or one for 13-15 psi for the race track..No problem!!
We will be doing some more road testing, but we were halted due to the weather..We did manage to mantain and hold 9psi using the UTEC open loop boost control feature.We were also able to produce a faste spool up playing with the Boost Control Gain feature in the user constants menu..We will be dyno tuning several maps this week and I will post the results.I just wanted to let everyone know, save your money on those fancy boost controlers

For your 350z/G35 performance needs.
Authorized Turbo XS UTEC distributors
Authorized Dyno Dynamics load based tunning facility comming 3/06!!
Authorizes Greddy Dealer/Installer
Authorized GTSPEC dealer
Authorized Unlimited Tuning Revolution dealer
Authorized Speed Force Racing Dealer

Email: [email protected]
AIM: salesmrc
Phone: 732-251-8200
Mobile: 732-558-4560
MRC MOTORSPORTS
116 Main St.
Spotswood NJ 08884

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
What kind of hardware is used to control it? Are you gonna instal a 5 position switch on the dash or something?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
What kind of hardware is used to control it? Are you gonna instal a 5 position switch on the dash or something?
I have the UTEC. It as a dial on the unit itself, or you can buy an optional 5 position remote selector switch and mount where you want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts