Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, MRC Motorsports just got a bit faster with the help of Turbo XS!!I dropped the car off with 417 WHP and it is now making 480WHP!!!WHOOOOHOOOO!! This is with the APS 510CC injectors and the same 10 psi of boost pressure of the stock wastegates!!News to follow and Pre-Orders For the UTEC are available at MRC Motorsports RIGHT NOW!! :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
853 Posts
What are the benefits on a Vortech Z? This should be an interesting product.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to clarify a few things, My unichip was running fine and was tuned to 417 whp by a local Unichip tuner.It was a sloppy tune and had alot of room for improvement.The UTEC tune is a custom tune by the developer of the product itself. Neither tune should be taken as comparison of either product being superior to one another, as both Uni-Chip and Utec do their job greatly!!However we are looking to push new products to the market and give customers a wider rande of "choices" in their quest for the ultimate 350Z!! We carry and support BOTH products and are looking simply to give the consumer more options as we know it is sometimes hard to find a supporting dealer/tuner of certain items!!We are looking foward to utilizing the UTEC on APS's "TUNER" kits as well as some Supercharger kits!!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From what I got from him the injectors were maxed out and it beagan to run lean.They were at over 95% of their duty cycle at this HP level on my car, seeing how the motor is lower compression than a stock motor.

·
Registered
13 Posts
From what I got from him the injectors were maxed out and it beagan to run lean.They were at over 95% of their duty cycle at this HP level on my car, seeing how the motor is lower compression than a stock motor.
J is right, we were seeing high 90's for IDC's and the AFR was leaning out uncontrollably. With the larger injectors supplied we should at least make this kind of power with a safe AF ratio. On a side note with my det cans I can listen to the motors behaviors, this is one of the best sounding built motors I have heard to date. Kudos to the engine builder on the this one.

Jermaine~

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
J is right, we were seeing high 90's for IDC's and the AFR was leaning out uncontrollably. With the larger injectors supplied we should at least make this kind of power with a safe AF ratio. On a side note with my det cans I can listen to the motors behaviors, this is one of the best sounding built motors I have heard to date. Kudos to the engine builder on the this one.

Jermaine~
Thats reasuring to hear! :irock: Any word on the level of boost pressure you saw with those HP numbers? Over the winter we will be pulling that motor and doing cams and head work along with the higher rate actuators!!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PS Jermaine, throw some 100 octane in that bad boy and do a really good race tune for the track!!We want 10's with this car in full street trim!

·
Registered
410 Posts
This is some really great news....i just started to follow the turboxs UTEC.....and been reading about it on the post.....

great news for when I go Turbo....

thanks guys

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.