Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
me and toykilla (josh) decided to order 2 UTEC's so we could test these out and provide some good info about these units.

Thanks to Daking350z from MRC Motorsports for getting us these units. Great service and very fast on the shipping!!

Install:
I first went to this website to download the manual and all other info located HERE

I proceeded to install this on my own in my garage with the temperatures in the mid 20's ( dam cold if you were born and raised in FL). After removing the ECU and mounting it to the UTEC, i thought WOW pretty easy. If it was going this easy i knew something was bound to happen!! i go to put it back into my car and thats where the probelms began :banghead: . 2 hours go by and i thought to myself, "a 20 min install right". Finally, I called it quits, and the next morning i decided to try once more. I go back out there and 20 minutes later it was installed, w00t!!

Its very tricky trying to get it to fit exactly where it needs to be. Julian said it was tuff to get it back in the car as well!! I had to bend the ECU bracket a bit to fit but you gotta do what you gotta do.

First impressions, it was rainy and very cold out so i didnt want to push it too much, but i did notice that the rev limter was higher. i am waiting for it to clear up a bit before i really get on it. im not really expecting too much of a difference as its not tuned for all my MODS. Its only using the base map which is for an intake and exhaust.

i will be getting my car tuned by Westpak @ Japtrix when i go home for xmas, and i will provide before and after dyno charts.

PS - Toykilla will being doing a write up and also before and after dyno charts.

STAY TUNED..............

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Nice!

Can't wait to hear about the difference when the weather is better.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice work Jaysen.

So the UTEC raises the rev limit...where does the fuel cut occur now?
i cant quite tell you but when i get it tuned i will know for sure. its been raining and just really nasty out for me to really get on it. im leaving to go to Charlotte today to visit a honey of mine :irock: , and I'll be able to play with it along on the way.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
The rev limiter comes set at 7500 but you can lower or raise it in the "user constants" section of the options..
Thanks Julian...I am tired of bumping the limiter in lower gears and was considering a TS L-spec reflash next month. Nice to have another option.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Looking forward to hearing more! :cheers:

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
[update]

My car will be tuned on the 27th of Dec. by westpak (Gus) @ Japtrix. i will be posting before and after dyno numbers. i might be able to post the map he makes for my car as long as he doesnt mind.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts