Discussion Starter #3
Ok guys,here is the lineup...
APS TT kit
CP pistons 8.5:1 .20 over
Pauter forged rods
ARP main studs
ARP head studs
Koyo Radiator
AA Return style fuelsystem(was on the board but we chose to wait for APS's Plenum and fuel upgrade so we dont do double work.)

So far we got 3 hours on bolting the meat fo the turbo kit on the motor.This time includes going very slowly ans stopping for some KFC chicken..lol
Here some pics of the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here comes the fun part...Pulling the stock motor.It took us about 6 hours total going real slow and breaking for lunch.The installation is much easier when the motor is out of the car,we cut off about 10 hours on our previous install at this point..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Look at all that room we have to work with.To tell you the truth I dont know HOW we ever did the install with the motor in the car.Its so easy to pull the motor to start with. It saves alot of time,busted knuckes and four and seven letter curse words... :banghead: At the pace were going we should be complete tomorrow night which cuts down out previous 35-40 hour 3 day install to about 20 hours and 2 days.. :nana:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At this pint the new motor has the 80% of the kit installed on it,including the injectors,plugs,coilpacks,fuel rails...Should be cake from here on!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the heat shield APS supplies for the fuel lines..we feel it needs some improving so we add a second bolt up top along with a spacer opposed to APS's method of zip tie's which we felt was in need of improving..This is what seperates MRC from the rest,were all about the DETAILS...We find a way to improve upon perfection.. :irock:
Note the second bolt hole awaiting a bolt in the top of the heat shield..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Awesome! You guys rock! If I ever win the lotto... :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I bet you are a happy man right about now! Looking forwward to seeing this baby go in!

1 - 20 of 108 Posts