Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I finally got around to installing my KP Technologies VDC module. It was a pretty easy install, just removed the lower dash panel, spliced into 4 wires and used double sided tape and cable ties to mount the module

Now my VDC button remembers its last preset. So if i turn VDC off, then turn the car off, when i turn the car back on, VDC is still off.......sweet, nice and easy

The ease of installation has prompted me to buy the new KP auto door lock module. It will lock the car 6secs after turning the ignition, and unlock the doors when u shut down. I always lock my doors, so this is real handy. Though the 6secs sounds like it could lock yourself out. And thats where the additional rpm switch comes in, default set at 1500rpm itll lock the doors after passing 1500rpm. All up itll cost around 100-110 bucks

Does anyone in Melb want to group order? We could get a discount. I know KP offers free shipping on 2 modules

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Shame that it does not actually disable VDC ... well not totaly. The 'switch' that i had installed disables it completely, and also it will be stay off if start the car with the switch in the off position.

ps. When i got the car it took me only a week or so to get used to switching the VDC/TC off each time I started the car. So it didn;'t really bother me from that respect once I got used to the car.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahaha yes David but not all of us are gun racing car drivers who frequent race tracks

the car gets plenty sideways for me even with the VDC 'off' :shiftdrive:

i only ever dont switch it off in the bad wet weather, often i like having a lil fun on the way home in the wet :)

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
the car gets plenty sideways for me even with the VDC 'off'

Actually it's almost impossible to get the VDC to kick in on the road while in the off-mode. So unless you're going to take ther car on a skid-pan or track then I would not bother. And even on the track you really have to be pushing hard to start noticing it.

I only managed to do it only a few times myself. On the other hand at DECA, where you spend 1/2 the time sideways, it becomes very noticable. You have to have the car sideways and then touch the brakes for the VDC to do it's thing (which in the off mode).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts