Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2005Z base model, standard transmission with aero package. I love my car, but there are 2 things that I thought were better:
The stereo SUCKS! I had a kickass stereo in my truck, which I will install soon in my new Z,
The other thing is the headlights. Has anyone converted the Base Z headlights to the HID Xenon? The dealer wants $4 grand, which is bogus. Anybody know what to do?
Thanks,
Jose

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
you should be able to do it for a few hundred dollars.. Tell the dealer to eat a dick for that price

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
we dont get xenons in Aus

so ive fitted a xenon kit to the halogen headlight

but the company i bought from sent me the wrong kelvin globes

according to DHL tracking they should be here tommorrow

ive fitted the ballasts and ran all the wiring, very easy to do on the Z with the wheels off and guard linings removed

im curious to see what the beam pattern will look like, no doubt it will need manual adjusting. The halogen headlight have these two faint horizontal lines above the beam cutoff, not sure what theyre for, but with the xenons these will be brighter. Time will tell and ill post some pics by the weekend

·
Registered
620 Posts
Before you spend a bundle on HID lights, make sure your halogens are adjusted to a decent hight. If Nissan adjust them the same way they do the HIDs, they are probably aiming at the ground ten feet in front of the car.

There is a How-To here for adjusting the HID type, I don't know if it is the same with Halogens.

Chris

·
Registered
9,180 Posts
i got brightstars form importhookup.com...but they don't sell em anymore. if you can find the kit somehwere else..i recommend it highly. one of my favorite mods. add on rase creations white led parking lights, and u get a pure white hotness headlight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts