Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an update to all those who may or may not have been following the crap I've been going through
with my 2004 ZTR. Here'a quick reminder. I had a major electronic failure at first. The first visit to the Dealer, the computer

read that a whole new computer system was the problem. Needless to say , that was proven wrong within days. The 2nd(count them) 2nd

visit it was diagnosed to be in a wiring harness. (after about 2 1/2 days). Withing 2 days, again, the car would just die to an

idle until I turned it off and waited for a few minutes to restart. The third visit, and about 2 1/2 "WEEKS" later, along with

hours of phone time logged on with the Nissan factory, the dealer decided that there was a problem with the "throttle body" and

Nissan said it was the first of its kind with the new Z. They had experienced this on their Quests but not the Zs. Well, to make a

short story long, as I was being handed my keys back from the service writer the last, (and third time mind you), ":lemon Law"

right? He stated that they were 95% sure this would solve the problem. And that if it did happen again thay they would reserve the

right to have a Nissan Tech fly in from California. You guessed it, not two days later, the **** car died once again. I am at my

wits end. I feel like I'm paying for a project car for the dealer to learn on. I am very angry. The latest episode occured two days

ago and I have yet to go back. I would like to spend a little time with "MY" car! I don't want a tech to fly in. I beleive the

Lemon Law states 3 strikes, not 4 and I'm ready for a new car. This one does'nt even have 5000 miles. I wouldnt mind in the least

bit for a piece of everyone else's mind? So if anyone feels the urge? Let it rip. Thanks for all the support I've been getting from

these forummembers. You have ALL been super. David R. Berman "FLZ" [email protected]

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The only problem is, and I found this out the other day, before that I didn't know any better, that if you're not careful, the dealer will slip in a "Will Not Sue" form that you sign (unless you were lucky enough to know about it already). Basically, if I understand correctly, it's a document that allows the dealer to get out of honoring the lemon law.

Of I course I may be misinformed, but that's what I was told.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">I'm not sure, doesn't the lemon law say something about how much of an effort the dealer must provide? I think them saying "if you have any more problems, we're going to fly a tech in" means that they're trying to provide service. You may not be able to bring a suit under the lemon law just because you don't want them to provide a service they're offering. But I could be wrong.</span>

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I'm sure the local ombudsman at a news station would be more than happy to air a story on the new Z and your problems...

That sucks about the Z. One thing I want to mention before I forget is that even a signed document stating you will not sue is not completely binding. A court can still allow you to do certain things. I have heard of those statements you sign at events dissolving them of any liability can still be held liable.

I hope they find the problem and fix it 100%. Otherwise, I see no other solution than to offer you a brand new Z, take the old one back and use it at a test study, and be rid of your visits taking up their time.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response folks. It helps. Oh, and SmoothZ, I believe they've already been using mine as atest study . Well at least it feels like it :-(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts