Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got my boss's now ex wife's 996 911 Porsche Cabriolet until it is sold. (Its auto :()

You thought the VQ35DE was a powerful six. Jesus the power of this is amazing heated seats work better too. Still love the zed though ;)

HOWEVER! My only problem with this car is i cant seem to find the button that turns off its ever so intrusive traction control system. I've looked everywhere nothing. Does anyone know if there even is a button? If not is there a known fuse or anything?

The worst part it the cars traction is controlled by applying brake to the wheels that skip, so when you floor it in low gear and come to a stop you can smell the brakes.

Please someone help.

I'll let you all know how the 350 keeps up when i get the chance to line em up.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
My only problem with this car is i cant seem to find the button that turns off its ever so intrusive traction control system.

I know for sure that you can switch it off ... I just can't remember exactly how. Don't you have the manual in the car? If so, look it up there.

I'll let you all know how the 350 keeps up when i get the chance to line em up.

Are you in Melbourne? If so, I'd be more than happy to meet up with you and see how the Zed goes against it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No owners manual to refer to. I found some porsche forums that suggested taking 3 fuses out... itried it with no luck the only thing it did was disable triptronic mode.

It is unbelievable how intrusive it is. With the zed you you at least get a slight chirp the VDC kicks in. With the porsches PSM I tried a donut and all the happen was understeer. Same when you try a stand still it just pushes the front tires.

Any time for the bit all you guys are wating for.

Me and my brother inlaw took both cars to the industrial zone near my area. In total we did 5 runs.

On paper the Prsche is 221kw with 350nm (im pretty sure) and way a bit more.

Any way run #1 went down like this;
Porsche was in trip tronic mode, i had the rev at 3k dropped the clutch and floored it. I skipped out half a car ahead, with wheel spin all through 1st gear ( i reaally reeaaaly need learn how to launch) this run finished with me half a car head the whole way right upto about 170kmh

run #2 brother in law just left it in auto.

Neck and neck 1st and second gear and he was pulling ever so slight to finish a full car infront

The rest of the runs ended all similar result with the porsche alway winning

I should mention the road conditions were damp

In my opinion if it was completely dry it would of been a little closer.

Also my car is completly stock. All it would take for me to pull away on the 911 would of been and catback exhaust.

In closing i would like to add please no one buy a porsche. My boss paid 168k 2nd hand 3.5 years ago, and what did he get for it?

Heated seats - Check
Powerful 6 - Check
PSM (VDC) - Check
17"'s - (18's) Check
Leather - Check
Climate control - Check
Porsche brakes - Brembos - check

Could you imagine he invested that in a 60k to purchase 350 and moded it with the change? I'll leave to dream up the possibilities.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't consider a Porsche if it was anything less that 911 turbo and even then when you start looking at the 1/4 million price range a **** of alot of doors start opening up.

I can only imagine how awful it would be to drive Boxter, especially the earlier non S ones.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This might be in the wrong topic but just a question to all members?

If you could have any car ever manufactured what would it be?

Ill start by saying the Ferrari Enzo

·
Registered
293 Posts
This might be in the wrong topic but just a question to all members?

If you could have any car ever manufactured what would it be?

Ill start by saying the Ferrari Enzo
Although Ferrari is my dream marquee, Pagani Zonda F is my utlimate car :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Meanwhile folks...

The above mentioned Porsche is for sale to anyone that is interested. Details are below;

Porsche 1999 996 911 Carrera Cabriolet / Trip Tronic Champaign Colour with Black interior

Just been service (Porsche Centre since puchased) traveled 80,000km 60 of which was by the bosses wife

2nd owner he paid 168k for it

Asking for $98,000 ono

I will be posting it on carsales.com.au early next week so ill post you guys the link then.

Anyone who finds a buyer for it can keep the change of anything they get over 95k

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Turms out this model does not have porsche stability management!
But does have traction control which i just found out are two different things.

So any ideas on which fuse i pull out to disable this nuisance

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
So any ideas on which fuse i pull out to disable this nuisance

Maybe call the service department at Porsche Melbourne and they might have some tips?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts