Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on LED underdash lighting. The Neon and Cold Cathode just eat too much juice when I have the doors open at car show.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Looks pretty good. Well spread throughout the floorboard. Wish it was the same amber color as the dash lights though...

How is it being done? LED's? How much power is it taking?

·
Registered
406 Posts
It looks like another fun project for the Z.
:shiftdrive:

Are you going to use the factory door switches to obtain your ground?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/quote]

Yes I tapped into the wires by the fuse box.
Did I see a post where you have done something similar?

I can get blue, white, amber, red and green.
There are two LEDs mounted in a small pod with a clear lense. There are four pods under each side of the dash. It makes for a nice spread compared to individual LEDs.

I've also found a 4 LED blue bulb that fits in the socket for the rear hatch light and a 4 LED bulb for the overhead lamps.

LEDs draw in the milliamps, so you can leave them on for a very long time with no affect on the battery.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have done that in the driver & passenger footwells , also have a switch to turn on & off all in Amber

·
Registered
598 Posts
i like it a lot where did you find the bulbs to fit the trunk, etc. i replaced my overhead lights on the inside with some white glass bulbs but i love the led look too!!!please tell, where they expensive.
mdzowner

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[/quote]

Some of the bulbs have not arrived yet. After I get them and confirm they are the right size I'll post the info.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I know that this is alittle but of an old thread, but im new to the forums and am looking to do something similar with LED\'s. Does anyone have an idea about how many LED\'s it would take to get a nice ambient color under the dash. Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's pretty cool. I like how it's not overpowering, it's very subtle.

Has anyone ever tried using EL (electroluminescent) wire instead of LEDs? (http://www.elwirebestbuy.com) Seems like it might work and you wouldn't have to worry about how the light is distributed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts