Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, but no worries, I took notes through the stickies including the "posting" flash feature.

Ultimate Electronic rescently came into my city about a year ago, Kansas City. I was wondering if anyone has ever used Ultimate Electronic for installation of any type of product on their Z.

I went to Ultimate Electronic to look around and see what they had to offer and I was talking to a Sales Associate and I was asking him about pricing on Dynomat installation and he offered me $200 for an entire car (this includes the price of dynomat).

I was just curious if anyone has ever used Ultimate in fear that a 350z that I don't own yet won't be the same it was before it is stripped from it's insides.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
i have seen them here alot but never used them to install anything. i would think that thye have a great installation service, give it a shot :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Wow 200$ for the entire car is stupid cheap.. i would be weary of their work at that price. Especially since that much dynomat is going to cost $100-150 or more.

One thing is for sure, they are no better or worse than Best Buy, Circuit City or others similar. But be careful since their salesman are COMMISSIONED. They will straight up lie about something to get a sale. Also he may have no clue what it takes to dynamat a car and may be guessing. I know some salesman where i worked did that.. people would come back to have us install something that was going to take all day, when the salesman told them an hour and 20$ labor..

I personally wouldn't take less than 2-300 labor + dynamat to do the entire Z. It is a 2 day project at least.

·
Registered
315 Posts
dynamat is a pita to install. a lot of man hours. considering you'll need to rip apart the car, cram your body in the small trunk and put everything back.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Seems to me like everyone around here would charge $200 just to do the top part of the hatch.

I'd definitely look into it.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
One thing to consider is that you can do it yourself and we can help you out with any details. There have been a few people on the boards who have done this and posted about it. It will help rest your mind if you are wary about having someone else do it. Plus you will know that it is done right with the care and respect to details it deserves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts