Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to figure out what's wrong with my car for the last couple days now, I was flooring my 350z and then suddenly The check engine light the traction control light in the slip light All came on at the same time and the car went into limp mode I tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes and it work does a temporary fix just to get to work, But now anytime I go over 3000 RPM or come to a complete stop and start going again it goes back into limp mode. If anybody could give me some insight on how to fix it that would be awesome and greatly appreciated, thanks. BTW the codes I have are:
U1001 Can Comm Circuit
P1212 TCS/CIRC
P2135 TP SENSOR
I've been reading and I think I'm going to have to replace my Throttle body but I just want some advice on my Specific situation 1st Before I go spend $650 on a throttle body.

·
Registered
50 Posts
May be two separate issues as the two codes are generally unrelated.

Regarding P2135 DTC, your throttle position sensor (not necessarily the throttle body) may be bad - known to happen - and it's an easy fix. The throttle position sensor is located at the top of the accelerator pedal and it's function is to relay the <wait for it> throttle position to the DBW (drive by wire) system, an electro-mech function of the ECM. Part runs about $150.

Re: P1212 DTC, first, a question... do you have stock wheels/tires on or aftermarket? Either way, size of tires? TCS might be triggering if you've deviated from stock diameters where the 3% (+/- 0.25%) F-R diameter bias is out of this range and the speed sensors are detecting one or the other end is spinning faster than normal, indicative of front or rear washout. If this is not the case then other issues might be arising such as the U1001 CAN error. This could possibly be as simple as a bad or disconnected speed sensor at any of the four wheels (causing lack of CAN communication to the ECM). Check the wiring/connection at each of the four sensors. If, after reconnecting or cleaning the connections, you're still throwing a DTC, R&R as needed.

Reactions: dkmura

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying my car is lowered so I'm on 225/40/r17s in the front and 255/40/r17s in the rear, but it doesn't make sense that this would be a problem because Ive been driving awhile with this setup and had no issues, thank you for the insight I'll check the things you mentioned and let you know how it goes, thanks again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for replying my car is lowered so I'm on 225/40/r17s in the front and 255/40/r17s in the rear, but it doesn't make sense that this would be a problem because Ive been driving awhile with this setup and had no issues, thank you for the insight I'll check the things you mentioned and let you know how it goes, thanks again.
You're at 3.7% delta F-R. Little out of range but given that you've been driving it as is with no issues, it's possible that either one (or both fronts or rears) of the tires are worn different. But, I'd check the speed sensors and the throttle position sensor issues first. It may be one of those issues that affects the other. That's been known to happen too. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts