Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest issue of Wheels has a pretty good tyre test. They tested 18 tyres and 1/2 of them were mid-range performance tyres which seem to be what a fair few people around here look at when they need to replace. The car they did the testing of the mid-range performance tyres was a Commodore SV6. Not a perfect match for how the 350Z would like the tyres, but it's a RWD with reasonable power and runs on 235/45/17 tyres.

The tyres tested were (in the finishing order):
1) Goodyear Eagle Revspec RS-02
2) Michelin Pilot Preceda
3) Maxxis Victra MA-Z1
4) Bridgestone Potenza S03
5) Toyo Proxes T1R
6) Yokohama AVS Sport V-102A
7) BF Goodrich G-Force Sport
8) Dunlop Direzza DZ 101
9) Kumho Ecsta KU19

It's a pretty good read and provides a fair bit of data from all the tests for the tyres so definatelly worthwile getting. Though, they only list (and talk about) the results/data and do not provide any subjective comments which I always like reading (as tyre 'grip' and tyre 'feel' are not always related).

The tyre that really impressed me is the Maxxis Victra MA-Z1 as they are a brand I've never heard of. Though, they do look pretty good, use silica, and were the tyres with the softest compound within the test. Not only that, but they are really cheap ... in the 235/45/17 size they were $199, which was 56% cost of the S03s.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts