Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php...906#post1768906

From Thread:

"I have emailed TWM and i know i am probaby not the only one who has done so, but the representative stated he has talked with his engineering department about a possible kit development. He says if he sees 10 people with interest in the kits we will see a range price of $5000 a kit. This also includes the R&D/design they will start to develop. I asked him when can we start seing this kit produced for the VQ market and for a less expensive price. He has stated that the Porche V6 kits are currently $4k and are in good demand.

Bottom line if we show some interest these guys can start to design and develop these kits. Maybe for a much lower price as well then they ask. TWM won't want to waste their time and money on a design people would not want. I would personally most likely drop the money for the kit if it was realeased."

·
Registered
562 Posts
Not to mention that very likely you'll ned a Motec to run it, which is extra dollars.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Yeah, again, cost prohibitive. Anyone that spends close to $5K for a mod that makes only 30hp needs a cat-scan.
....or in a race team, where hp is hp and it could get you across the line that much quicker. Hopefully those mods will assist other ones into making more power (like big cams etc), but its still only something for a big budget project.

I had a chat with a Nissan mechanic friend of mine, and getting the 35th Anniversary engine bits will cost around AUD$3500 for all the bits (head, exhaust timing gear, ECU - apparently bottom end is the same) - I'm not paying that much money for 20hp at the wheels, and a reduction in torque.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
its not only power that the Ann gains

more noticeable, for me anyway, was the smoothness at high rpm, and the way it pulls all the way to 7000rpm, where the stock engine starts to feel course and run out of power past 6200rpm. It will be interesting to see what an exhaust feels like on the Ann with the exhaust timing.......will know in a couple weekends when i fit it

re those throttle bodies, id love to see a plenum like the kinetix V5 with 6 individual throttle bodies......id pay 5 g's for that!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I've read the individual throttle bodies them selves aren't going to give you a 30hp increase in performance. When combined with a proper aftermarket ECU they should allow you to run a higher state of tune with more accuracy and reliability before detonation starts appearing because of their accurate cylinder filling capabilities. This might give you a little more power on a near stock motor but it should give a lot more on a motor which is already heavily modified but is running a safer state of tune to starve off detonation and make it reliable. This is why you can run much higher compression on motors with ITBs.

I believe the gains most would probably be getting are from the higher flowing intake manifold and trumpets which come with this mod. So if your not planning on heavily modifying your motor then your probably better off just getting the higher flowing intake manifold with trumpets, use the stock throttle body and get a cheaper aftermarket ECU solution. You most likely won't be needing the higher tuning accuracy provided by the ITBs and a proper aftermarket ECU. This will make the mod far more worth it hp/$.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Still it's way more expensive then it should be. The ITBs for porsch cost $4k, the ones for 350z should be around $2k mark.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I agree the price is high but it doesnt even exist yet, they've done zero research, design, testing, anything. The Porsche one has probabally been around for a while and they've made their money back on the research and design stage. They probably havnt put much thought into it at all, price included.

It might be cheaper to get custom ones made here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts