Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i replaced my turn signals a few days ago in the front with white leds. now insed my turn signal flashers blink super fast like soenmthing is wrong. why is this? is this bad

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i looked... they all work. well lol my one led bulb is a 9 led and 3 of them dont work, prolly maybe thats it

·
Registered
587 Posts
LED turn signals need a resistor on them to work right. Right now your car "thinks" your turn signals are not working, that's why they are flashing faster than they should.

PM Acree he should have the answers for you

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]
Chazzg is correct...you'll need to install one resistor for each LED turn signal. I had the same hyper-flash when I installed LED's. I'll try and locate the link where you can buy them.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im thinkin boiut going to just hyperwhite bulbsd instead because the leds dont fill up the whole area with light like my amber bulbs did

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I found my simular bulbs on E-bay. Search: 7443 chrome and you'll find them.
I also purchased a set off Ebay that I had to throw away finding out that those bulbs will damage our housings as they operate at much higher temps. (not all of them of course, but most bulbs do). I did extensive research and found the Evostyle bulbs to be the best out of my sample of about 5 bulb manufacturers.

Had the Evostyle bulbs front and back for over 1 year now, and have experienced zero problems whatsoever. Paying for quality < paying to repair damage.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
I had a set of the E-Bay ones on previous cars with no problems. Must be luck?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I had a set of the E-Bay ones on previous cars with no problems. Must be luck?
You might be lucky, yes. But, that could have also depended upon the brand/type of lightbulb you bought as well as an overall different housing.

Just stating my experience and study with this. I do not intend to relate the opinion of every bulb sold on Ebay to possess negative attributes, just the ones that I examined.

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Here are the before and after pics from my 350Z:

Front Signal Before:

Front Signal After:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Looks a lot cleaner IMO. Are you going to get the rears replaced also?

·
Premium Member
2,562 Posts
Looks a lot cleaner IMO. Are you going to get the rears replaced also?
I want to... Just didn't have that much "extra" cash laying around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts