Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turbonetics kit looks **** good by the way! i wanted to make the statement that anyone looking to do the t-netics single turbo with after market headers should take a serious look at the Alphawerks headers. they fit **** near perfect with this ST kit. there are other headers that have given some t-netics single turbo owners some trouble. i will dyno just as soon as i can to see what this kit did for my power needs. i am hitting around 8.5-9.5psi with an a/f reading @ 10.8. my boost hits arounds 3800-4100rpm. i will try to pinpoint the exact rpm later. i will get the greddy emanage ultimate soon and get her tuned! i am hoping for 400-425hp and 380-405tq

the kit is a tight fit but a very well built and engineered kit. can be a frustrating install but very rewarding once finished. everything mates very well, even to my aftermarket headers. i had no problem hooking up the U-pipe from the header to the Y-pipe. My cusco strut bar is getting modified to fit. the flange on the MAF sits too high so the strut bar would not fit. i would suggest you have a wide variety of tools to tackle this job. lots of tight spaces to get wrenches on bolts and nuts. Patience is very important!! fuel pump modification and injectors were not difficult at all. can't go wrong with this kit, great bang for the buck! more to come, stay tuned!

btw, i paid $4400 shipped through avalon racing! [email protected] was a great help and offered superb customer service. Also i bought my gauges from forgedinternals.com. Shariff is the man! i received great prices and timely shipping. Shariff is hands down the best vendor i have dealt with, ever!!

i will do a photoshoot this weekend so i will have plenty of pics of the turbo and intercooler to post! More impressions to follow!!!

here are some for now

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Great potential numbers there. Lookin' really good, Zealouz!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I think this would be the ideal turbo kit for me if and when I finally do it.

Great looking car and setup, man! :clap:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
How does it feel just driving it around normally? Any problems or tricks? I'm thinking of this kit for a winter project so my beauty can come out in the spring with a full makeover. :lol:

Images of the Camaro from 'Better Off Dead' are coming to mind. Remember when he finally pulled out the beast near the end of the movie? That's what I'm talkin' about!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Sep 29 2005, 07:38 PM
How does it feel just driving it around normally?  Any problems or tricks?  I'm thinking of this kit for a winter project so my beauty can come out in the spring with a full makeover. :lol:

Images of the Camaro from 'Better Off Dead' are coming to mind.  Remember when he finally pulled out the beast near the end of the movie?  That's what I'm talkin' about!
[snapback]159138[/snapback]​

the car runs great. no extra creeks, squeals, ticks, etc... the car pretty much feels and sounds n/a until boost. the BOV is loud enough, definitely noticeable. my buddy's vortech makes a lot of hiss and whine noises, it is obvious that a supercharger is installed. not the case with this kit. my friend's stock Z (only t-netics kit) looks and sounds **** near stock. apart from the the blow off valve, intercooler concealed behind the black mesh and the fact that he can smoke most cars, he can easily be mistaken for a stock Z. everytime i pull my baby out of my garage i get the biggest smirk on my face! i can't help it, i love this car! lol

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
:clap: Thanks for the review and the pics!

Looks like a pretty complete kit. I'll be following your reviews as you go to see if you run into any bumps in the road. Thanks for the post! :thumbsup:

:shiftdrive:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the compliment!

i will post everything as soon as i can.

i am currently and will be doing a photoshoot over the next week or so with a photographer buddy of mine. the plan is to send the pics to major magazines (my goal!). he is a pretty good photographer! last night we took some that turned out awesome! Definitely mag quality!! can't post them though because i have to send them in, but i want to so bad!!!! lol wish me luck!

·
Registered
50 Posts
i really like the interior job.. where'e you get the carbon fiber trim at? and how much was it.. your car looks great though.. good job.. is the piping anodized black or black chrome? that's something i was planning on doing..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts