Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Didn't see any threads relating to the Turbonetics S/T kit, so I figured I'd just share that my kit will be going in probably next week. I'll post up driving impressions, pics, vids, dyno charts etc. when I get them. Really looking forward to this kit and sharing with everyone. It seems from the few others that have already installed it that it's a great kit....I guess we'll see!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Mmm... :drool: Can't wait to hear and see the results.

BTW, I do hope that your sideskirt is easy to fix. I'm so sorry about that little mishap. :cry:

·
Registered
91 Posts
+1 I am really thinking about that kit ALOT!!! Can not wait for you to tell all the details!

I was also wondering why not to many people from this forum or motoring have this turbo kit. But I want it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[/quote]

Hey man, it's all good. In the end, the damage wasn't too bad. I'm going to try and get it by the body shop on Friday and let their fiberglass guy take a look at it. I really appreciate your helpin' out. I've commented to the ZDayz organizers about that, and they have already spoken with FVR about improvements in access for lowered cars.

·
Registered
853 Posts
My friend has one in his Z and I took it for a spin the other day. Your gunna have fun with the 370lbs of torque! It was pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Good luck with it! At this point in time, that would be my choice for FI also. Good, predictable, reliable power.

Is your car a daily driver?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/quote]

No, it's not a daily driver. The car is 16 months old and has 7500 miles on it. If it were, I'd still get this kit though! ;)

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I don't think the Vizage kit would be something to have if the car were a daily driver for sure. Looked like that thing was barely an inch off the ground. That thing doesn't even look like it could make it into my driveway with the Eibach springs on it like you have.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by kcobean@May 24 2005, 08:28 PM
Hey all,
      Didn't see any threads relating to the Turbonetics S/T kit, so I figured I'd just share that my kit will be going in probably next week.  I'll post up driving impressions, pics, vids, dyno charts etc. when I get them.  Really looking forward to this kit and sharing with everyone.  It seems from the few others that have already installed it that it's a great kit....I guess we'll see!
[snapback]105996[/snapback]​

Congrats!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
good luck man , can u tell us also at what revs it starts boosting?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a friend with that kit. at 8psi it hits full boost at like 3300rpms. :shiftdrive:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:bump: Awaiting results.

Local tuner shop is offering this kit to me at cost (whatever that price is). I want to hear about performance first.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I ordered this kit and recieved it yesterday, starting installing it around 6:00 pm and had 90% done in about 8 hours. Today I finished up the rest in a little under 2 hours. Just waiting on the computer from turbonetics which is being reflashed and sent back to me by 10:00am tomorrow morning. Kit is pretty complete def. not the easiest i have ever installed but overall install wasnt too bad. Very very tight fit in every spot there is. looks great on the car now though and i cant wait to start it tomorrow. I also decided to upgrade the bov from a raptor to the greddy type RS and the evolution gate to a 38mm tial. If anyone wants to buy the bov or the gate they are new in box. bov $150.00 and the gate $175.00 cheaper than ebay prices and these are new. i will post my finding on the kits ability tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by leakyZ@Sep 2 2005, 07:40 PM
I ordered this kit and recieved it yesterday,  starting installing it around 6:00 pm and had 90% done in about 8 hours.  Today I finished up the rest in a little under 2 hours.  Just waiting on the computer from turbonetics which is being reflashed and sent back to me by 10:00am tomorrow morning.  Kit is pretty complete def. not the easiest i have ever installed but overall install wasnt too bad.  Very very tight fit in every spot there is.  looks great on the car now though and i cant wait to start it tomorrow.  I also decided to upgrade the bov from a raptor to the greddy type RS and the evolution gate to a 38mm tial.  If anyone wants to buy the bov or the gate they are new in box.  bov $150.00 and the gate $175.00 cheaper than ebay prices and these are new.  i will post my finding on the kits ability tomorrow.
[snapback]152023[/snapback]​

What do you plan on doing to the exhaust or have you already done the exhaust. We need some dyno charts. I plan on buying this kit for my car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i'm leaving the exhaust stock. i'm trying to keep the car as low key as possible. instead of running a recirculating waste gate i plan to make it atmospheric. this should move most of the eexhaustat full boost anyway. kit fits good. a little tight here and there, and clearance is ddefinitelyand issue in more spot than one. right now if i leave a light and let the rpms drop too low( like almost stalling the car) i here a vibration somewhere so i have to find and fix that. otherwise cars rrunsgreat idles good. makes great power. turbo is a little laggy but make s full boost around 4100 rpms. exhaust sounds great with no cats. i'm am installing my boost permanent boost gauge(greddy electric with peak, warning, and hold NICE) today and a turbo timer as well. have to make a custom piece to hold both in the nav. compartment. i am gonna get some miles on the kit before i take it out to the dyno and start maxing it out in third. also this week i am starting to build my next motor for the car fully built, pistons, rings, rods you know all that good stuff. if any one is really considering getting this kit. take your time when doing the fuel pump mods its fragile, and put the fittings in the turbo first. in the instructions they tell you to wait till its in the car but f*&k that. its **** in the car. any questions just ask. will post any new findings and dyno sheets when i get them. :cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts