Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are doing our first Turbonetics ST install and found out that Top Speed Headers do not allow enough clearance for the down pipe and had to reinstall the stock headers, I have to admit I had not really looked into this kit that much so I was not aware of this, so just heads up for anyone else considering the TN kit.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I talked to tnetics the other day and they said alot of people are keeping their stock ones for fitment issues

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Part of the problem is that some of the reasons people that have called us regarding the TN kit is the cheaper install based on the TN website so if they have headers that need replaced there goes the cheap install.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well another issue, it seems that with this kit you will not have room to install a bigger radiator like the Koyo, the pipe from the intercooler up to the engine runs between the engine and the radiator and doesn't leave much room.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Well another issue, it seems that with this kit you will not have room to install a bigger radiator like the Koyo, the pipe from the intercooler up to the engine runs between the engine and the radiator and doesn't leave much room.

wow.. that's really bad news ...

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
just for reference, I heard there is a chance of scraping the tubing on this kit.. It hangs lower than the Z's frame.. can you verify ?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
just for reference, I heard there is a chance of scraping the tubing on this kit.. It hangs lower than the Z's frame.. can you verify ?

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
he must be think of the 1pa kit cause the TN is in the engine bay like the s/c kits are

good pics

1 - 20 of 46 Posts