Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
2K, like $2000!!! I'll install your turbo for that....and wash your car!!

Doesn't anybody work on their cars themselves anymore.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Most shops will charge by the hour and use the manufacturers recommended install time to give you an estimate. I would look into the mfr first, find one you like, then have that info ready when you start shopping around. Be sure you find out if that shop has done installs for your favorite brand before.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
What kind of kit are you looking at? The newest Sport Z Mag has a good article on the different kits and their costs. The Turbonetics ST kit sounds pretty decent.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
:doh: Forgot to ask if this was for a TT or T? TT install prices are what I quoted. It's about $800-1500 for a T.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Originally posted by Nis350ZTT@Jul 10 2005, 01:51 PM
:doh: Forgot to ask if this was for a TT or T? TT install prices are what I quoted. It's about $800-1500 for a T.
[snapback]129374[/snapback]​
I'm kinda curious what makes it so much cheaper to install the single turbocharger system as opposed to the dual turbocharger system? Isn't the work and disassembly/reassembly involved still very similar or is there a lot of specific setup for each turbocharger unit?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Originally posted by imoz+Jul 12 2005, 10:37 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Nis350ZTT
@Jul 10 2005, 01:51 PM
[snapback]129374[/snapback]​
I'm kinda curious what makes it so much cheaper to install the single turbocharger system as opposed to the dual turbocharger system? Isn't the work and disassembly/reassembly involved still very similar or is there a lot of specific setup for each turbocharger unit?
[snapback]131034[/snapback]​

APS ST is about as difficult as a GReddy TT due to where it is installed. The disassembly and reassembly are very similar. Though installing of the piping and intercooler and engine management, fuel supply, etc. etc. is pretty different with each one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Some shops may choose to pull the engine out to fit a TT set-up. This would raise the install price. I think most ST and all SC set-ups can be fitted with the engine still in the car.

sean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts