Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I recommend getting a dyno and checking the powerband and AFR, you can then determine from there whether or not you need to get it tuned.

I personally don't think you'll need to, but all 350Zs are not equal.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I recommend getting a dyno and checking the powerband and AFR, you can then determine from there whether or not you need to get it tuned.

I personally don't think you'll need to, but all 350Zs are not equal.

Or you could just go and get it reflashed and tuned.. Gain power, run better, etc..

But yeah, a simple dyno will tell you right away. But not all dyno's are created equal either.. but should be close on a/f

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:lol: I guess I'm reading too fast. Thanks, Chris.

I'm waiting on an answer from a local shop about tuning my car.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Okay, so no shops on Island to re-tune (one's I'd trust), much less any with a dyno. Guess my only options are:

1) Ship her to Oahu (haven't checked for shops there yet).

2) Send ECU in for re-flash.

3) Buy the hardware and software to do it myself via laptop.

4) Don't mod (NOT AN OPTION)!

Any other options, suggestions, ideas, $0.02, comments?

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Or you could just go and get it reflashed and tuned.. Gain power, run better, etc..

But yeah, a simple dyno will tell you right away. But not all dyno's are created equal either.. but should be close on a/f
Well, depends on the situation, but you aren't guaranteed to make power with a reflash. Waste of money if you don't need it, IMO.

Good point.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Aloha,
Okay, so no shops on Island to re-tune (one's I'd trust), much less any with a dyno. Guess my only options are:

A Hui Hou

PaulO
If you can do some datalogging and get a dyno, i'm sure some tuners here in the greater states would provide a very basic tune for you (via a piggyback system).

I think I remember reading something about the TurboXS UTEC able to be ordered with preloaded maps.

You always have the standalone option, Nizpro in Australia can load maps (based on your mods) onto a MoTeC M600 and ship it to you, all for around $4,500 USD.

I think your best option would be a reflash via AAM.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Well you can just get a better tune IMHO , in house. Rather than mail order.

Each engine is going to be slightly different. So if he lives in HI. and has no where to take it, than mail order is the only option if you want a reflash.

I don't believe the s/w to write to the ROM is easy to get or cheap. So option 3 seems difficult. Shipping it or just waiting to find a shop I guess is the best. OR find a tuner to come to you. :) That's the best option. I'm sure a tuner wouldn't mind a vaca tune in Hi.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Well you can just get a better tune IMHO , in house. Rather than mail order.

Each engine is going to be slightly different. So if he lives in HI. and has no where to take it, than mail order is the only option if you want a reflash.

I don't believe the s/w to write to the ROM is easy to get or cheap. So option 3 seems difficult. Shipping it or just waiting to find a shop I guess is the best. OR find a tuner to come to you. :) That's the best option. I'm sure a tuner wouldn't mind a vaca tune in Hi.
Good idea.

PaulO, I will see if Sharif will come to Hawaii and he can tune any engine management system you choose (except Unichip and HKS F-Con V-Pro) if you are up for it.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Aloha,

A Hui Hou

PaulO
PM me a list of your N/A mods and octane available and Ill see if we can get you a Turbo XS UTEC shipped there with a pretty close base map that will add some noticable HP.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Just wondering, what about an APEXi unit? Would the adjustments it makes be insufficient, or the wrong parameters?

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Which units? PowerFC?
The Super AFC II's.Every customer we had that came in with one installed had issues throwing the car into limp mode for some reason.It is also very east to botch the install and cause some major headaches in your wiring harness.We have repaired 2 wiring harnesses as a result of poor and improper installs from other local shops.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts