Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 350z tuner in the Northern Indiana area. I have installed headers and a vortech SC and want to get everything tuned for optimum performance AND safety. I don't want messages about my buddy Joe or Jim down the street. I'm just interested in a reliable person/shop where I can get my car tuned.

I have been hearing about a guy in Chicago, but can't seem to get a name or number from anyone.

:helpsmilie:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind....tuned it myself. Gained 30 HP and 28 ft-lbs torque.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by JTS2005@Jul 10 2005, 07:08 PM
tell us how you didi it?
[snapback]129512[/snapback]​

I spent an hour and a half on a dyno and just adjusted my air fuel till it was pretty close to a straight line from 3000 rpm until 6500. The goal is to keep the car from being to rich and too lean. I tried to stay just below an air fuel ratio of 12:1 to keep things safe. In the original vortech program the air fuel ratio goes rich after 3500 rpm and WAY rich after 5500rpm. On my car it was like 10:1. Your losing all the power when the vortech is generating the most boost.

Of course you need to get a copy of the R4 software from split second and upload the vortech program out of the split second box. You then have two maps. 1 is for your mass air flow sensor. And the other is for your timing. You can adjust both maps in 500rpm increments vs boost levels.

The rest is up to you. I would suggest if you don't know what your doing, don't change anything. Vortech will not warranty its SC if you have altered their program. But I would assume my gains would be typical on most cars depending on mods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts