Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hey Scott,

Now that Christmas is over I can answer some questions. I would say that you should get a boost pressure gage and air/fuel ratio gage(wideband). These should be the only too necessary gages to get you started. Secondly you might want to look into getting a dual gage pillar from autometer.

As for other mods, I would not go with the 3.9, I would stick to the 3.5. The reason I say this is because do you want to have to shift 1,2,3, all within a few seconds of each other? If you are lucky enough to not loose traction when you are shifting(which is not going to happen becasue your tires will just spin, trust me I know) then you are going to have to shift very quick. If you keep your 3.5 gears, then you will not have to shift as quick, your tires are less likely to spin, and you will have a faster top speed at the end of each gear. Considering that you are going FI, your car will still rev very quickly to redline so you really don't want to add a 3.9 Final Drive. It will make your car rev even faster to redline when you are driving and before you know it you are shifting again. If anything, just hold off on it until after you are driving the car with FI so you can then decide.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts