Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some may know I bought the APS TT kits from Zxrage. This is going to be my first mod. My reasoning is that I have enough money to buy a TT kit now but will probably not run into another 10k in the near future. So I figured that if I get the TT kit now I will be able to buy all the other goodies like 2k that are more in my price range. I have always wanted a car with a TT kit. So I like, I buy. But thing I am wondering is will it be safe to run with out any other mods. My next mod I plan on getting Koyo radiatior and then probably exhaust. I just want to be sure that when I get home that it will be safe to have it installed.

·
Registered
728 Posts
you should be fine running it without any other mods. I would buy exhaust/test pipes before a radiator.

IM me at
azivman3 on either yahoo or aol and we can chat

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok hhmm I am new at this lol. I have read all this stuff on how good the Koyo is so I thought hmmm maybe lol. Well Exhaust should be a great upgrade for the car I would think. I knew I needed gauges though I have never looked into what kinds and brands. But I would like some suggestions on a next mod after this.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you think about the 3.91 I have not read anyone putting this on car with a TT kit. I think this would be a great mod add a little more punch.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
It's a personal preference. I like closer ratio and shorter gears with FI.

However the current trend of late is to say it's not a good match because everyone else is saying it. lol

the only thing you are losing with 3.9 and FI is top end speed (160mph+) and less gearing to load the turbo up faster.

People want to say it's "bad" because they have no traction. But it has nothing to do with the FD, and everything to do with not having the proper lsd or tires. Or the ability to threshold accelerate.

·
Registered
305 Posts
after the turbo in this order:
Gauges -Defi
Exhuast
wheel and tires get-get em wide too
then other stuff

·
Registered
728 Posts
It's a personal preference. I like closer ratio and shorter gears with FI.

However the current trend of late is to say it's not a good match because everyone else is saying it. lol

the only thing you are losing with 3.9 and FI is top end speed (160mph+) and less gearing to load the turbo up faster.

People want to say it's "bad" because they have no traction. But it has nothing to do with the FD, and everything to do with not having the proper lsd or tires. Or the ability to threshold accelerate.
You will ABSOLUTELY NOT WANT 3.9 final gear ratio

·
Registered
728 Posts
after the turbo in this order:
Gauges -Defi
Exhuast
wheel and tires get-get em wide too
then other stuff

Scott- get off these forums quick and send me an IM -

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hey Scott,

Now that Christmas is over I can answer some questions. I would say that you should get a boost pressure gage and air/fuel ratio gage(wideband). These should be the only too necessary gages to get you started. Secondly you might want to look into getting a dual gage pillar from autometer.

As for other mods, I would not go with the 3.9, I would stick to the 3.5. The reason I say this is because do you want to have to shift 1,2,3, all within a few seconds of each other? If you are lucky enough to not loose traction when you are shifting(which is not going to happen becasue your tires will just spin, trust me I know) then you are going to have to shift very quick. If you keep your 3.5 gears, then you will not have to shift as quick, your tires are less likely to spin, and you will have a faster top speed at the end of each gear. Considering that you are going FI, your car will still rev very quickly to redline so you really don't want to add a 3.9 Final Drive. It will make your car rev even faster to redline when you are driving and before you know it you are shifting again. If anything, just hold off on it until after you are driving the car with FI so you can then decide.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Scott and I are in communication about his build. I'll get him all squared away once he gets back home.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah he is straightening me out :) Well it is official. i just sent the moeny via paypal to ray. The kit is mine for real now. Man I am pumped. This thing will be soooooooo sweet. Not like Aaron's but still sweet. His is frickin nuts. But yeah only 4 more days :) OMG I AM SOOOO EXCITED TO GET HOME. specially with my new christmas present. :)

Now for a car lol. yeah i kinda jumped ahead but what the hay. beers for everyone. :cheers:

·
Registered
785 Posts
You have a turbo and no ride for it? I like the way you think, that's getting your priorities straight in my book. :cheers:
Do you have a good installer picked , or is this DIY? The installer is the key to good success imho. I have seen simple centi s/c's butchered and cause terminal damage, all in the name of saving 3 or 4 hundred bones.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah Aaron has the same kit and he has a shop for me :) GRD. But before I plan on getting it installed I am going to buy some other things before I put it all in. So I think sometime by March I should have it in. Just in time for spring :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Agree, first upgrade item should be boost and wideband AF gauges, followed very closely by a minimum 2.5 inch true dual exhuast, and test pipes.

Leave the radiator for round II. :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
^ best advice. Decide for yourself. :)

please explain why you want even shorter gears paired with FI than the Z already has?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts