Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must be an absolute nut case cause almost every night I dream of an APS TT kit and 3" APS dual exhaust system on my Z. I have the worst night sleep and when I wake up I am totally spent from changing gears all night...... woops sorry... wrong topic... anyway for those who have installed the APS TT (on any other similar kit) have you ditched your insurance or just insured for 3rd party or what? I can't imagine AAMI wanting to insure something like that.

... OK... back to wet dream... um I mean sleep... :rolf2:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
You can either go Just Car or Shannon's depending on your age... DavidC has his APS TT insured under Shannon's for around 1.5K for a year and with a higher agreed value too (discount at his age)... I got my covered with Shannon's too, but at the price of 2.2K (full N/A built motor)... I know Just Car should be able to do the same deal with APS TT at 1.5K if you are under 30 though...

You shouldn't have a problem insuring that because APS TT is a full engineer certified kit. Even if you have a lambo, shouldn't cost a lot to insure one either, I know someone has his lambos covered for around 600 (premium) a year each.... look around and you should find yourself a good deal!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
$600 premium on a Lambo......lol, maybe 3rd party

our Murci costs over 3k a year. Your premium is directly related to the replacement value and theft statistics on new unmodified cars, Rich you're friends lambo must be a very low agreed value. Even my brothers 7K run around Calibra costs more than $600 to insure full comp

insurance shouldnt be a problem if you're over 25 and are willing to pay for it

which is why i personally am waiting till i turn 25 before making the decision on any TT kit

groover what springs have u installed in ur sig pic.......nice drop

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh.... I am in my 40s so I want to get my mid-life cricis done properly... lol. Springs are King.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
$600 premium on a Lambo......lol, maybe 3rd party

our Murci costs over 3k a year. Your premium is directly related to the replacement value and theft statistics on new unmodified cars, Rich you're friends lambo must be a very low agreed value. Even my brothers 7K run around Calibra costs more than $600 to insure full comp
I was told by the Charlie Battisti panel shop that one of his customers have 2 black Murci lambos (one coupe and one roadster) and both with 600 dollars premium a year with his insurance (I was so shocked to hear that because I asked him it gotta cost a leg and an arm to insure these two, but he said apparently not to his customer) and most likely they are all comprehensive insurances since he bumped both of his cars with the total value of well over 100K on the repair bill at his fault (just to replace the bumper, no frame work damaged)... so I think it gotta be the comprehensive insurance unless he is way too rich... :)

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Yeh.... I am in my 40s so I want to get my mid-life cricis done properly... lol. Springs are King.
Groover,

Then you will have no problem whatsoever insuring an APS TT Z with Shannons... just give them a call and ask for your quote! :)

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Rich since you saw the cars at Batisti getting repaired, im assuming he said $600 excess

i asked my dad, who is an insurance broker, he said a $600 full comp is impossible on a $600,000 car

·
Registered
227 Posts
Rich since you saw the cars at Batisti getting repaired, im assuming he said $600 excess

i asked my dad, who is an insurance broker, he said a $600 full comp is impossible on a $600,000 car
wouldnt the excess be in the mid 1000's ?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
yeah doesnt make sense to me either

doesnt matter.......moving on

Groover expect to pay around $2000 on a TT Z

Pretty sure Shannons will insure you based on a limited use/km condition

Make sure you disclose every single mod, especially those springs, or else any mod that affects how the car drives from stock thats not on your policy will make any future claim invalid........they are really clamping down now and becoming alot more cluey, and ive even been told they attend track meets and browse forums these days

·
Registered
18 Posts
Shannon’s are the way to go.
My suggestion is to join a Car Club that is recognised by Shannons and they are likely to give you a better quote as that will confirm you are a car enthuiast.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Shannon’s are the way to go.
My suggestion is to join a Car Club that is recognised by Shannons and they are likely to give you a better quote as that will confirm you are a car enthuiast.
Beefy... hope that's true... but it isn't... :(

I already asked if I could get any discount with any particular car club, the answer was no to me though.. but Shannons now covers some CAMS track days already up to 20K value..

Sam,

It might be the excess, I was admiring those cars myself already so it would be possible that I heard it wrongly!

cheers,

richie

·
Registered
161 Posts
I must be an absolute nut case cause almost every night I dream of an APS TT kit and 3" APS dual exhaust system on my Z. I have the worst night sleep and when I wake up I am totally spent from changing gears all night...... woops sorry... wrong topic... anyway for those who have installed the APS TT (on any other similar kit) have you ditched your insurance or just insured for 3rd party or what? I can't imagine AAMI wanting to insure something like that.

... OK... back to wet dream... um I mean sleep... :rolf2:
I'd definitely go to just cars. They had the cheapest insurance by far when I got quotes. Just cars was $2300, Shannons was $2989.

How exactly are people getting insurance for the Z for $1500? I have a clean driving record, maximum no claim and am 26... Do the the insurers charge you more if you are under 30?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'd definitely go to just cars. They had the cheapest insurance by far when I got quotes. Just cars was $2300, Shannons was $2989.

How exactly are people getting insurance for the Z for $1500? I have a clean driving record, maximum no claim and am 26... Do the the insurers charge you more if you are under 30?
Let me guess, you are in sydney and they are in melbourne.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Dont complain you guys, im only 19, my premium is like twice/three times yours. Not to mention a $2500 excess

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm 22 and insured with Just Car and I pay Just under 1500

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK... I just had a nice long talk with one of AAMI's consultants. Basically they allow up to three (3) modifications before things are re-evaluated. I currently pay $935 per year for the 35th Anniv' Z. I told them about my springs... no problem and no additional cost. I then inquired about a TT kit. No problem and no additional cost (still inside the 3 mods). I pressed her about the issue and she checked with a supervisor who confirmed that as long as you have no more than three modifications and they are all disclosed then no additional cost.

I then went on to explain in detail about the additional $15-20K for the TT kit and that what she was telling could not possibly be correct.... check with supervisor... yes is correct... no problem. I then suggested whether or not one could opt to disclose a modification and nominate that the mod itself not be insured without addition cost and they confirmed that they can basically make all sorts of notes against the policy and agree to specific terms.... very flexible... very impressed.

So at the end of the day I can insure a TT Z with maybe aftermarket wheels/tyres and lowered springs for $935/year... WooHoo!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts