Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
That's 350zdcalb. There's a post about this on the other forum. He said the guy was pretty cool about it IIRC.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I know both them cats. I egged on the race. Both those cars are sick. That SS hasn't lost many races and always has his vid cam with him. Both very cool guys.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thats my buddy Todd racing in the white Z. In his defense, the film starts to roll right near the end of the race after Todd shuts it down. He admits he still lost, but the short clip is a little deceptive.

·
Registered
470 Posts
nooo the z got killed

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by Napoleon@Jul 6 2005, 03:53 PM
nooo the z got killed
[snapback]127710[/snapback]​

:doh: Like I said...More cubes...plus, that LS-1 will run all day with a 100-shot...add a few more little goodies, & it's bye-bye Zed....in straightline driving.

I could've bought a Camaro...if I'd wanted a cheaper car that wouldn't handle as well, look as good, or last as long. :rolf2:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller+Jul 6 2005, 04:11 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Napoleon
@Jul 6 2005, 03:53 PM
nooo the z got killed

:doh: Like I said...More cubes...plus, that LS-1 will run all day with a 100-shot...add a few more little goodies, & it's bye-bye Zed....in straightline driving.

I could've bought a Camaro...if I'd wanted a cheaper car that wouldn't handle as well, look as good, or last as long. :rolf2:
[snapback]127720[/snapback]​

You have an exelent point there camaros are just ment to go on a straight line, a z is pretty fast but on the track its unbeatable!! so i guess :stupid: lol :lmfao: :rolf2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by Napoleon+Jul 7 2005, 01:07 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2005, 04:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Napoleon
nooo the z got killed

You have an exelent point there camaros are just ment to go on a straight line, a z is pretty fast but on the track its unbeatable!! so i guess :stupid: lol :lmfao: :rolf2:
[snapback]127956[/snapback]​

:stupid:

wrong napoleon, maybe that Z is the only car you have driven before, an SS does not handle that bad, and try awd at a track thats "unbeatable". Interms of reliability ls-1s are pretty reliable the problem is people put more power then the car can handle. How many ls-1s have you beat autocrossing?

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
SSs do handle pretty poorly. They aren't designed to though, GM didn't make this car to compete on the autocross track or road course. I'm sure he's referring to the interior on the Camaros, which are crap. Then again, GM doesn't invest a whole lot into interior quality. I know this, we've owned quite a few GM cars, it's just something you get used to. Probably none if the LS-1 owners know what's good for their reputation. :nana:

Let's not even get into the fact that GM had to cut the Camaro due to lack of sales and Canadian factory issues.

Long live the Mustang! :nana: :jk:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Here we go again...

I like the SS in terms of looks and power. I was considering buying one before the Z. But like Brandon stated, the interior just sucks. I'm sure that within a couple of years, the car would have been a rattle trap. And GM is in big trouble. Much like Nissan, I'm sure their customer service is spotty at best.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Jul 8 2005, 09:27 AM
Here we go again...

I like the SS in terms of looks and power.  I was considering buying one before the Z.  But like Brandon stated, the interior just sucks.  I'm sure that within a couple of years, the car would have been a rattle trap.  And GM is in big trouble.  Much like Nissan, I'm sure their customer service is spotty at best.
[snapback]128555[/snapback]​

Sh!tty interior is a big complaint against the 'vette, too...Camaro just ain't built to last...it's a mullet car. Stock, hey suffer from body flex, roll...unless you get the 'pursuit camaro' police package...

I thought about one, too, since they were rolling the last ones off the line about the time I was thinkin about gettin a new car. But I wanted something that would last longer than the payment book.

I like the LS-1 (Gen. III) smallblock a lot, but I don't need a Camaro to have one...as I've said before my LS-1's in a '67 Nova.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by HeyZeus11+Jul 8 2005, 08:49 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 6 2005, 04:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Napoleon
nooo the z got killed

[snapback]127956[/snapback]​

:stupid:

wrong napoleon, maybe that Z is the only car you have driven before, an SS does not handle that bad, and try awd at a track thats "unbeatable". Interms of reliability ls-1s are pretty reliable the problem is people put more power then the car can handle. How many ls-1s have you beat autocrossing?
[snapback]128524[/snapback]​

Ive never autocrossed my z though on the track i raced to camaros one was a normal one and the other was an ss or that thing lol, i had a 6 second advantage over him we were doing lap times i beat him badly!!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
stock camaro will be a tvrd at the track, but do o.k. at the strip. Like I said, they just don't have the suspension. Racing one on the track, you probably SAW that, tho...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts