Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my 350z has a few TSBs that need to be taken care but before I bring it in to the dealer I was wondering if these are covered by warranty? Also my service engine light just came on yesterday so I'm going to have to go have them run diagnostics on it to see why was just wondering if theres anyway i can do this myself without the tool?

·
Registered
655 Posts
I tried to find as many TSB's as I could when I first got my Z (it had 7k miles on it). Then I brought in the car and had them check them all at once. It was all covered although it's been a few months and they finally just got some replacement parts in. It took forever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah see I thought they were covered but hte ******* dealer where I live is telling me that they aren't and i have to contact nissan to get them toauthorize it. I even got into a huge argument about how can they expect me to pay for something nissan messed up when they built the car.

·
Registered
538 Posts
[/quote]

See if you can find the TSB in this section tsb forum on tech...if it's here, print it out and take it to the idiot know it all dealer and show them what you know.........they can't fight it if it's on paper........ good luck......
<div align="right">[snapback]93739[/snapback]
[/quote]

All TSB's related to a problem with the car (there are some that simply list components and parts) are covered under warranty. Do not accept the dealer's refusal. As Jinxxy said, print it and take it to the dealer. If you still get static, ask for the service manager. If the service manager refuses to straighten it out, have him/her call Nissan from the shop while you are there.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I totally agree. They have to verify that the TSB is official but they shouldn't give you any grief AT ALL for asking. All they need to do is access their computer to validate a TSB.

Are there any other dealers in your area? Tell these idiots that they lost your future business and then go try someone else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts