Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a problem with using the remote to open the trunk? it seems 85% of the time i have to hit it twice and be pulling up on the trunk for it to open.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have that problem because of my spoiler. It added too much weight, so the release springs or whatever don't work like they're supposed to. I have to have one hand ready to keep the trunk open for my remote to work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Originally posted by 350ZSpeedRacer@Feb 6 2004, 03:20 PM
I have that problem because of my spoiler.  It added too much weight, so the release springs or whatever don't work like they're supposed to.  I have to have one hand ready to keep the trunk open for my remote to work.

I have the same problem when it's cold: oem spoiler and lift gate weight removed. My dealer has a new set of springs on order. I'd suggest you show your service writer this so he can get a set on order for you too. It may take a while.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I think so far I've gotten it the worst. I have to push the button (either on the remote or on the car) anywhere between 3 and 10 times before the hatch will actually pop. I can't even pull it up because it doesn't pop at all until it finally opens. And it's definitely not cold weather, because it seems to be worse when it's warm. Haha. Oh, and no spoiler so nothing altered the weight. One day when I have time I have to bring her in to get checked out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Apr 30 2004, 06:51 AM
Hey, where is that lift gate weight?  If I removed it would the hatch open better?  Mine is OK but it just doesn't go up as fast as I would like it to...

The weight is located behind the large plastic panel inside the lift gate. Pop that panel off gently (no screws that I remember), and you'll see the weight, with it's suspension frame, fastened to the lift gate by 4 10mm bolts.

I had my lift gate springs replaced as well. It took forever for the dealer to get them, but the replacements have a higher spring tension, and I have not had the problem since.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I hadn't had any trouble with mine and then my dad came to town for some family stuff. He asked me to pick him up and give him a ride to my aunt's house (where he was staying). He asked in advance to make sure his luggage would fit in my trunk. It took me about 20 presses between the remote and the car to actually get it open. That was the first trouble I had.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've had the same problem but it seems it does it more often when it's cooler outside. I've talked to the service guys about it and I got that BS answer "can't duplicate it"! Good grief! Of course you can't duplicate it moron, it doesn't happen all the time. Gees sometimes I just want to slap them boyz!
Anyway, I might have them check on that weight and spring next time I'm getting service. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
That sucks. Fortunately (as if there can ever be anything fortunate about a problem), there is very little chance they can't duplicated the problem with my trunk. I can't even remember the last time it opened immediately. I think it was about a month ago, before any of my problems started.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts