Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, as some of you already know, for the past several months I've been having a problem with my trunk. I haven't had a chance to bring it in, but I figured I'd describe the problem as best I could here before going to the dealer to see if anyone has any thoughts.

When I need to open my trunk, I have to push the button (either on the trunk or on the remote) anywhere between 3 and 9 times to actually get the trunk open. The first time I press the button it's as if I didn't press it at all. The second time I press the button I can hear the latch trying to release, only not completely. Finally, on whatever press the latch releases, it releases as if there was nothing wrong with it.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
hey dirn when you open the trunk look on each side of the hatch. there should be a spring that is covered in plastic that is sticking down. turn it either way and pull and it should pop out. when i took mine out it was a bit bent but then when i put it back in, in a different position it was fine. not a great fix but it might help out until you can bring it in. i did this and it has never happened again!!

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jaysen, it's been raining all day, so I don't know if I'll get to try it tonight or not. I'll let you know if it works though

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Jul 12 2004, 09:36 PM
STUPID RAIN!!!!!!! I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT!  Let us know if that works, if it ever stops RAINING!  ARGH, thunderstorm predicted every day till friday....coming your way from sunny PA DiRN!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dirn, when you get around to pulling those caps off, there's another thing you might try. Put a penny or two in each one of those caps and see how that works. I've heard of a couple of people doing that and they said it worked great. I haven't gotten that desperate yet since my trunk problem has gone into remission for the moment.

Just my .02!
Get it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts