Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election," Trump said in a statement on Monday. "I have spent the past several months unofficially campaigning and recognize that running for public office cannot be done half heartedly. Ultimately, however, business is my greatest passion and I am not ready to leave the private sector."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/05/trump-not-runninng-for-president.html

Huckabee is out, now Trump.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
As interested as I was.... probably for the best.

...still waiting for a half-decent candidate....

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has been suggested that GOP candidates are waiting to see if Palin will run before making a decision.

Why anyone would want the job is beyond me.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Dear god, palin is a joke. GOP doesn't have **** for the upcoming election. Looks like we got 4 more years of obummer. :/

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Amen on Trump being out. I don't think he was ever a serious candidate, but what do I know?

Now I'm reading about the psycho from Minnesota thinking about it. For those that don't know about this lovely state, run for your lives. Bachman 's crazy.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
...wish I was 35... I'd have a crack.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I was thrilled to hear this. Regardless of the party in charge, we should always hope for a smart leader who puts the nation first, two traits, I don't think the man had.

I wouldn't count the GOP out, Trump was never actually going to win, I would have had similar doubts about Huckabee and Palin. If a Republican is going to win, I strongly doubt it will be a Tea Party-ish member, especially if the government can get the budget squared away to a point everyone can kind of stomach. Right now I'd guess Romney as the Republican candidate.

~Pat

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Looks like Newt is already feeling the heat. :lol: Can't trust him as far as I can throw him.

Wish I was born here. I'd give it a crack, too.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Everyone knows they don't actually check birth certificates before people run, I propose the SmoothZ/iDRM350 ticket.

~Pat

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:lmfao: I've got people I know from work who would vote for me. The Z club here has made me the unofficial Prez, so I'm sure they'll support me.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Right now I'd guess Romney as the Republican candidate.

~Pat
The funny thing is, Romney won't get past the primary but if he did, I bet he could beat Obama. Romneycare is going to kill him in the primary.

Everyone knows they don't actually check birth certificates before people run, I propose the SmoothZ/iDRM350 ticket.

~Pat
Pat, are you comparing me to Biden? :angry: :lol:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I don't know that Romney-care will kill him, but he needs to figure out a position on the issue. I think in Massachusetts this kind of system can work and be accepted. It's proving tougher on a national scale.

If you're going to get rid of the national healthcare system, showing that you can offer assistance in structuring systems for states that want to continue on the model may be a good thing.

~Pat

1 - 14 of 14 Posts