Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my vortech supercharger 3 days ago installed in my car in sanantonio speed elements , they have done various z`s before , so i just got back to mexico and my car is having some problems starting up, when i try to start the car on it wont do it , what i have to do is turn the key in on then wait 6 secs then turn it back off again then turn it back on again wait another 6 seconds for the fuel to charge and then i start it and sometimes it starts if not i have to give it more trys, what could be causing this and how do i fix it ?? without having to go back to sanantonio :banghead:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Fire is just fuel, spark, & air. Sounds simplistic to say it's one of the 3, but...

You've got spark, if the car starst 'eventually'.

'Hard' starting can sometimes be attributed to too much timing advance...

I'd go through the fuel system. Did you update any fuel sys parts when you put the SC in?....was an external, supplemental fuel pump installed?...

Sounds like there's still a little bit of tuning to do.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
:dunno: Hope you get it worked out though. That stinks.

Sounds like you need more fuel to me too, and a lot more tuning.

·
Registered
785 Posts
It almost sounds like a fuel pump relay. When you say it wont start do you mean it doesn't turn over or it turns over but doesn't start?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
[/quote]

I assunmed it must be turning over, since he said it eventually starts up....
That would also mean fuel is getting there...eventually....and there's spark, too.

AS for how much fuel and when does it get there & does it arrive at the same time as the spark, inquiring minds need to know...

Keep us posted on the outcome.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think its the fuel pump that came with the supercharger thats not working corectly, because i found out a way to start it realy easy , i put the key in just to get the fuel pump , pumping gas i wait for ten seconds and then i start it , it usualy starts at the first time , but i do have to go to autologic to tune it , what do u think i should tell them to check out for me?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Man, I've always been told never to pump the gas on a fuel-injected car. I think you need to take her back or at least call first and let them know you're coming. Can you contact Vortech or the installer by email?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts