Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently i have been thinking of things that i could do to my z and a few things pop up. one thing in particular that i want to do is to replace the triple gauges atop the center with autometer nexus gauges. BUT here is the tricky part. what i want to do is only replace the oil pressure and voltmeter gauges with nexus. i want to leave the trip computer. does anyone out there know if this is possible and if so how would i go about it. i wanna upgrade my gauges get more accurate and eyepopping :OMG: gauges in my Z.
if anyone has any information it would be gratelly appreciated.

· Registered
1,431 Posts
It really can't be done. The reason is because if you are going to replace just those two gages than you are going to loose the multi gage with the digital speedo. If you look at the backside of the triple gage cluster you can see that they all share the same circuit board.

· Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Recently i have been thinking of things that i could do to my z and a few things pop up. one thing in particular that i want to do is to replace the triple gauges atop the center with autometer nexus gauges. BUT here is the tricky part. what i want to do is only replace the oil pressure and voltmeter gauges with nexus. i want to leave the trip computer. does anyone out there know if this is possible and if so how would i go about it. i wanna upgrade my gauges get more accurate and eyepopping :OMG: gauges in my Z.
if anyone has any information it would be gratelly appreciated.
If you want to go 'more eyepopping' you can go this way .. http://www.speedhut.com/el_detail.asp?cata...=462&bhcp=1

I did a search for a tech article on this subject ... remember seeing it .. and found it at .. http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?...pic=9204&hl=

Interesting. It was a post by Zxrage who just replied to you. I'm curious to know anything about how they came out as he promised a 'full write up' .. but was more interested in how he rated the product after over a year.

· Registered
247 Posts
hey, i thought the custom guages were cool, but i always liked the blue LED swap, it just seems so hard to get everything apart, just to change the lighting color, but man, i love blue, and would love to have all blue guages, then mount some soft blue neon light around the pedals and seats, that would look awsome, in my opinion...but like i said seems a bit technical for little old me... :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts