Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone tried it ? besides anna nicole ?
I just got myself a bottle of this stuff ..
to my defense : im not fat , im just a little overweight : 6' and 200 lbs , you wouldnt be able to tell with my clothes on. I want to loose 15 lbs and then hit the gym ... again...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
See, this why I hate some TV commercials. TV diets are like your emotions' get-rich-quick scheme.

Don't bother with any TV diets if you only want to lose 15 lbs. All thos e TV diets are meant to lose weight quick, but do nothing for keeping the wight off. If you want to lose weight and keep it off, eat less starches (carbs), eat smaller meals and snack on fruit and veggies if you're get hungry between meals. For only wanting to lose 15 lbs, that's all that is necessary, and it's the healthiest way to do it. Maybe if you were trying to lose 50+ lbs, I could see the argument, just to get you started in the right direction.

BTW - that's my opinion, I'm not a doctor, but this is what I've always heard from fitness buffs and medical types.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm everyone has different opinion on what to eat..
I just read that most of the fruits are not good for you , since they have plenty of sugar , and sugar helps store fat...
I spoke with one guy ( friend of a friend ) who eats steaks , potatoes fried stuff etc , but wont touch any fish , he also eats plenty of fruits..
Im really confused , there's 100 different diets out there...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
That's my point, though. Going on a diet is not as important as eating well. Your'e right, fruit does have a lot of sugar in it, but I was told that the only time it's not really all that good for you is in the morning because the body doesn't process it the same way.

Also, fish is supposed to be really good for you, better than beef, because fish oils are way healthier than beef grease.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Oh, and fried food is NEVER a good idea.

Disclaimer; I'm not a health freak, I eat what I want, when I want. I have, however, been making an effort to eat tastey things that are better for me, and I'm hoping to start going to the gym tomorrow, mainly because I feel I'm a little scrawney. Wanna put on a couple lbs of muscle.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
One problem...Michelob Ultra is naaastyyy!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Any diet that includes replacement meals and/or pills generally don't work over a longterm period. You lose the weight, stop taking the pills/meal replacements and start to eat again, and then gain it right back plus some. Ched has the right idea, for 15 pounds just eat right, and exercise some and you will lose weight. I don't eat any meat, just fish (for the last 12 years) and I can stay at the same weight w/o working out if I eat right and avoid fast foods and eating out a lot. If you stay below 30 grams of fat consumed in a day you are guaranteed to lose weight. I don't look at calories or carbs, just fat grams. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I don't need to lose weight, but I do read a lot and snack on healthy foods (role model for my kids). Fruits do have a lot of sugar, but 1 in the morning to get you started is good, plus you can eat it after a workout. Meat is good for building your muscles and recovery. Try to stay away from a lot of fried foods unless you cook it yourself with a healthy oil. Drink lots of water. I try to avoid soda pop, don't drink coffee (unless I REALLY need it), and I snack on different kids of nuts (cashews, almonds, walnuts, etc). And yes, less food during each meal. Don't have a late snack before going to bed. I drink a glass of water before going to bed. Keeps the hunger pangs off.

If you want to take a supplement, do your research first. I've taken a few, but mostly for the gym. BTW, I'm 5'10-1/2" and about 185 lbs. Most people underguess my weight thinking I'm skinny. Hehe...my wife says my legs are like logs.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Heavy, or dense mass. From all the bygone days of playing basketball and being on my feet all the time. They're not big, but they get the job done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I was in college I was a personal trainer and man all the diet pills are just a Joke. You just want to gain some more muscle mass which in return will speed up your metabolism leading to greater fat lose. Do a little cardio here and there and cut a few cheat foods out of your diet and you will lose weight. Most of those diet pills are basicly caffine pills. Which yes caffine is a stimulant that jolts the nervous system and helps draw out fat cells so the body can use them as fuel. So just have a cup of coffee on an empty stomach a half hr. before you work out and it will have the same effect as diet pills. But do not add cream or suger to the coffee because the added carbs will hinder the caffines fat burning ability.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm thanks for all the tips , i found this site body building , plenty of good info there...
well , I took 2 pills in the morning at around 10 am , now its after 3 pm and all I had to eat was half of the tuna sandwich + plenty of water.. maybe its just my mind , but I dont feel hungry at all..

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
When the Radio Chick was on Q104, they used to plug the **** outta Trim Spa. That's how I got to know about it, but obviously there weren't any before/after shots

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Foods to avoid: sugar, processed grains, hydrogentaed fats.

Fruit is just sugar & water mostly.

Limit intake....if a pill helps you do this, take the pill...but weight control is more about lifestyle change...so you have to turn your short-term solutions into things you can live with.

Stacker, guarana, those are caffeine based. I know it picks up the metabolic function....I have an espresso @ 2:00 every day for that very reason.

I don't want to tout the low-carb craze going on out there, but people are paying more attention to what they eat...and there are a lot of whole grain low or no- sugar products out now. Some of them are even good....

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Me and my kids love sugar snap peas. Banana chips and dried fruit are another favorite snack. Since I don't like the taste of coffee (and my wife hates the bad breath), I sometimes take supplements that are thermogenic. I just bought a bottle of Hydroxycut. No weight loss program for me - I just need the bump in energy to boost my workouts and keep up with everything I do on a daily basis.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I still have 3 bottles of ripped fuel with the ephedra in it. I used to take it more for the stimulent effect rather than the weight loss. It used to make me nuts,so I stopped taking it.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That's what I wanted last night, w/o the ephedra. I take Ripped Fuel for workouts. It seemed to help and I think this because once I ran out of the stuff, my intensity dropped. Now I'll give Hydroxycut a chance and see what happens. I got a good sleep last night and took 1 pill this morning. I hope to make it to the gym tonight...

****, I think eating a couple of hot peppers (jalapenos, habaneros, or Thai peppers) each day will speed up the metabolism. It's been proven that spicy foods helps you burn calories for longer periods. And I grew up in a Thai home, so that could explain a few things about my physique and the ability to eat whatever I want. Course, my mom is about 5'2" and 95 lbs soaking wet.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts