Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent even gotten my first free oil change with the car and the tranny grinds in 2nd, 6th and it makes a ratteling noise when i let off the clutch in 1st,, they told me there are springs on the flywheel that make the ratteling noise and then they have to drive the car to hear the grinding in order to fix it.

Not to mention it doesnt want to go into 5th gear some times.

Does any one know what the flywheel looks like,, the car sounded fine the first week then all of a sudden it starts to rattle sounds as if the clutch is off center.

should i expect these kind of problems with the Manufacture warrenty? they wont replace the tranny until I can show them that it grinds repeaditly......

my driving stype is i hot 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, then i pop it into 6th,, it grinds then,, is this a bad thing to go right into 6th after the 3rd gear? i didnt want to tell them my driving habbits for fear they would use them against me...

this is insane!!!!!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I don't have a MT but I would think it would be bad to go from 3rd>6th :dunno:

And they will have to "replicate" the problem in the service dept/by driving the Z, in order for them to determine the cause, and get it fixed. They aren't going to just replace the tranny cause you say it's bad. :lol:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a MT but I would think it would be bad to go from 3rd>6th :dunno:

And they will have to "replicate" the problem in the service dept/by driving the Z, in order for them to determine the cause, and get it fixed. y aren't going to just replace the tranny cause you say it's bad. :lol:

I never had a problem shifting gears like that,, i dont think the tranny is engineered to take into 6th gear at higher RPM ranges,,, bad design is my take on it....

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
bobbondurant.com

skipbarber.com :cheers:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Sorry, Illz - I didn't know. :doh:

Y'all go and sign up with Illz. :irock:

·
Registered
351 Posts
No, I think the problem goign from 3rd to 6th is the syncrhos aren't working that way. I don't think it's a design flaw. Although if it grinds otherwise, it is, and mine dos the same things. I've heard they all rattle with the clutch out and I've gotten used to it, but mine grinds when I downshift into 5th from 6th, and is startign to get hung up in other gears now, too...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts