Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if a transmission upgrade is need after a vortech super charger is installed...?
how will it effect the performance.
how come other models do not need this type of upgrade?
is the upgrade needed with a TT as well.?

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
I was wondering if a transmission upgrade is need after a vortech super charger is installed...?
how will it effect the performance.
how come other models do not need this type of upgrade?
is the upgrade needed with a TT as well.?
Technically there is no upgrade needed for the AT when installing foced induction.
There are a few things that are strongly suggested IF you want to push the power limits over 450rwhp or so.
1. Tranny Cooler - for obvious reasons
2. Valve Body Upgrade - since more than likely one would be wanting to use the trip-tronic more
* Torque Converter upgrade - I've not seen any evidance to this being very helpful though.

KShep - has TT & has been working on a custom Tranny Cooler, but has yet to install any of them & is doing just fine.
I have the Stealin VB which has definately helped my AT during hard driving.

Hope that this has helped. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I remember reading a post by someone on the board who has the upgraded trans. The review was favorable, said it helped firm up the shifts in manual mode.

A higher stall tq converter might help launches in drag race applications...but big stalls in street cars feel kinda funny in traffic...

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks buff
yeah that was some useful information.
i wonder what kenny would say to this, with a TT i know for sure that he had to do the upgrade

1 - 4 of 4 Posts