Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[/quote]

On Nissan's website when you compare cars.Here.
Under the drivetrain options this is listed as a feature.

At this page I pick 4 different Z models and compare them. Usualy the Track, Touring, Performance, and Enthusist.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to the dealership to take a few for a test drive :) I asked about it, they said its the same thing as VDC.

When I get around to it in the next few days, I'll shoot off an email to Nissan USA just to ask for sure.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Thanks. BTW, if the dealership sales people ar anything like in Australia, then they will probably know less about the cars then we do.

They are pretty useless when it comes to specifications and what all the abbreviations of the cars features.

I have a feeling it is probably just some marketing BS that Nissan has come up with to explain something that has always been on the cars since they were first released. Will wait and see.

The Australian specification brochure mentions no such thing, but we don't have TPS or zenon lights either.

cheers

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well this was the first and last time I ask Nissan USA a question. I used their question form on their web site and simply asked them if Transmission Stability Control they list as a feature on their own site was the same as VDC and this is the answer I got.

"Dear Justin,

Thank you for taking the time to personally contact us about your
interest in Nissan products.

Currently, there is no option for a Transmission Stability Control.
However, there is an option for Traction Control System which enhances
driver control of the vehicle.

We hope that this information answers your question, but if you need
any additional information or have further questions, please let us know
by reply e-mail or by calling 1-800-647-7263 and pressing "0" for a
live operator.

Also, make sure to take a look at our website, www.NissanUSA.com, for
the most up-to-date product information.

Recent college grads may qualify for a special finance rate through
NMAC?s (SignatureGRADUATE) program! Those shopping for a Sentra, Altima,
Xterra, Pathfinder, or Frontier may also be eligible for $500 grad
cash. For details, go to NissanUSA.com/collegegrad.

At Nissan, we are committed to a high level of customer service.

Sincerely,

Nissan North America"

Yeah, thanks. :F-you:

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
[/quote]

On Nissan's website when you compare cars.Here.
Under the drivetrain options this is listed as a feature.

At this page I pick 4 different Z models and compare them. Usualy the Track, Touring, Performance, and Enthusist.
<div align="right">[snapback]74078[/snapback]
[/quote]

i did not see on that link you posted about a transmission stability control, but it does say Electronic Traction Control System as a standard option. same thing for this link, it either shows traction control system or Vehicle dynamic control.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
TCS is a way to prevent excess slipping from the rear wheels. Try doing a burnout with the TCS engaged, the throttle will back-off to prevent it. VDC is similar, except it functions if too much input is applied laterally. That's why doing some suspension MODs "piss off the VDC.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Registered
785 Posts
zlegend, that answer from nisshit sucks!

BTW, on your link it did have the 'Transmission Stability Control'.

Click this link: http://us.nissan.clientsites.carspecs.jato...=55513120050105

Then on the site look at the specs under drivetrain, you will see that the third line says transmission stability control!!! It has a green tick indicating it is an option. WTF!

If that's the answer they gave then whatever it is, we will never know?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
**** i am blind, i see it now. it is only with the manual transmission cars (performance, touring, track, 35th) basically it is the Vehicle Dynamic Control (just another way of saying it). has to be since that option only shows up for those cars, and none other

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
[/quote]

I don't think your blind, I go there often and a day or so ago it was missing, now its back. Now I notice they took off the Bose stereo as an option under audio. Who knows what they are doing?

Yeah, it has to be VDC, I wonder why they don't just put that though. Then they don't have to deny Transmission whatever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts