Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i had some problems while i was shifting to 3 and 5 gear i heard a grinding noise and it was realy hard to shift, i diddnt worry so much since my dealer told me it was the clutch that it was worn out and i needed replacment so i bought the jwt clutch and flywheel but they told me it would ruin my warranty, now i still have the grinding and i always miss shift its very hard specialy in 3, 4, and 5, i dont know what to do?? how much is a 350z manual tranny?? :banghead:

·
Registered
312 Posts
[/quote]

I had a similar problem wih my car. The dealership put a new tran in but I still had the problem, turns out they were putting the wrong fluid in.

I'm not saying thats whats wrong with your car, but its a lot simpler to check, then to replace your trans.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well it sounds like you had reported the problem before the Flywheel/Clutch installation. That is enough evidence that the problem originated before the addition of the aftermarket product. You are going to have to fight it but you can get a tranny from them on warranty. I had tranny problems on my previous Z also. I ended up having to hire a lawyer but it all worked out. It looks like you are in Mexico.........I dont know how the laws arfe there but I suggest you push maybe consider a lawyer.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/quote]

I think you a right maybe a lawyer would be a great idea , or getting a totaled 350z and taking off the tranny from it but i dont know is this problem common in the 350z?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had issues with Trans grinding as well and the shifter felt sloppy. Also, when at idle, the trans had a loud hum. I have the second 350 delivered in San Antonio, so not sure if there was a factory defect in the earlier cars...but the dealer replaced my trans, clutch, flywheel, and other assoc parts at the direction of Nissan. They even upgraded the clutch which has made a big difference in the feel of the drive train. Dealer said there was plenty of metal in Trans and the car only has 12K on it. I don't really beat on the poor car that often so abuse wasn't a factor. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx for everything i told my dealer there was a recall on the tranny and he cheked it and he told me they would replace it with no charge, in about a week i am glad thats over!!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I've had random grinding issues going into third, which I told my dealer. Unfortunately they've never been able to replicate it enough to do anything about it. I'm really getting close to that 30K warranty deadline, and they're still doing nothing. Any tips on how to nudge them a little harder?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i tried talking with the service manager, he was realy grumpy about changing my whole transmission he wanted to repair it so i got pissed and told him that the tranny is going to still grind in a near future , and that i would prob not have a warranty by then so he still didnt want to change it fortunatly, my dad new the owner of the dealership and talked to him and he told me they were gona get nissan to replace it. try talking the the service manager and tell him ur problem in the worst case senario u should extend your warranty!! and try later

·
Registered
36 Posts
Where is this recall for the MT located. I am having the same problem and went to the dealer today. Of course, there is no grinding or hard to get into 3rd. Can you all show me where this is located. Thanks <M>

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
[/quote]

I dont know where there is a recall in the states or not here in mexico my dealer told me they had the same problem with 3 other z and they replaced the tranny and on one of them they fixed it, but my dealer is in monterrey mexico, go to your local dealer and explain the prob and may be even print out this forum page and show him there are a bunch of z´s with the same problem!! :dunno:

·
Registered
3 Posts
[/quote]

There is no "official" recall. My dealer had to inspect the MT and call Nissan to see what they wanted to do for it. Mine had metal chucks stuck to the drain plug. I believe since my Z was a very early one (first sold from this dealer in 03) they were able to convince Nissan to replace it. The bonus was Nissan told them to replace the clutch assem with a high performance one as well. I chalk this up to a great service shop at my Nissan dealer. So, if you have no symptoms you'll have a hard time getting a new MT. But why mess up a car that's not broke?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just got my 350 several days ago and I'm just wondering if a tranny or gear box related problem is a known issue regarding the Z. My concerned is the pronounce vibration on the stick in neutral and the rattling sound that it makes when you feather the clutch. Also, I am wondering if anyone have the same issue with the difficulty of shifting to second.

I toke the car back to the dealer and explain the problem. They keep it for a day to inspect it and basically told me that with the higher torque on the Z, it's a common issue (Cough!!BS). So, I suggested to test drive another vehicle, not really paying much attention to the vibration on the stick in neutral (forgot) while trying to listen to the rattling on first gear. Surely enough, the other vehicle I tested was making the same noise, but somehow civil than mine and smother in second. The service manager suggested that, I should drive my Z for a week and see what happen. I will be posting an update on this within a week or so.

As a consumer, I am bit concerned after reading the other issues that some owner have experience on the Nissan dealership honoring the service that they gladly accept the payment of the product that they warranty. Does anyone knows, if Nissan have a customer relation department that you can address this issues that us consumer are experiencing in regards to service in the dealership?

Also, for a 30k+ vehicle...I would think that a service and quality of the product from the production line should atleast give a feeling of satisfaction and not a problem. Lol...let me break it! Glad I still have my M3...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts