Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, i have had a 2009 370z for a couple months now and a couple weeks ago i was having a hard time to get it into gear. I did a transmission fluid change just in case and it still was hard to get into gear. I forced it into first the last time i drove it and the clutch was grinding. The clutch was replaced with a stage 2 clutch 4k miles ago Also, when i push the clutch in i can hear a little click and same when i would release it almost all the way. I checked it and it looks like the spring is making the noise. would i have to replace the master clutch cylinder since that’s a common issue with these cars?

·
Super Moderator
1,425 Posts
Did you change the clutch yourself? Have you jacked it up and checked tranny alignment?

·
Super Moderator
1,425 Posts
Do you have the ability to jack the car up, support it on jack stands and inspect the tranny alignment? That's the first thing I'd check. You should also be able to see if the hydraulic clutch is working properly from underneath. If the throwout bearing is not moving when the clutch pedal is being pressed, you may have to replace the CSC.

·
Super Moderator
1,425 Posts
Any progress on diagnosing this tranny problem? If you can't do it yourself, can you take it over to the shop that did the clutch work?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts