Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2003 350z track today. Now I know next to nothing about cars. The inside of the car seemed to be getting hot. The engine temp was fine. I starting feeling around the car and the driver floor and the right side of the driver seat (right next to the shifter) is getting hot...

Is my transmission going?

Please help, I just bought it and need to find out asap whats wrong.

THANKS!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That's normal. Plus, I think you guys are going through a heat wave, so it just seems hotter. I keep my windows down when driving, and it's hot outside, so I barely notice any heat. Yeah, I'm a freak. :ahhh:

I wouldn't worry about the tranny just yet.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I've noticed that my floor board and most of the carpeted area in the front of the car gets hot when I drive for about 30 minutes also. It's pretty common.

You should feel the cupholders of an RX-8 after you drive it hard for a while. They're right above the transmission and I swear you could heat up a sandwich in there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by StudyBuddy@Aug 5 2005, 08:13 AM
Also, how many miles are on your used Z?
[snapback]141915[/snapback]​

17k miles. After talking to people it sounds like its fine. I was just nervous on the first day. Man was that exciting pulling it out of the dealership though....

·
Registered
785 Posts
Congrats on the car, for me it was the second most important day of my life, the first obviously being the day my hair dryers are complete i can spank vette boy down the street like he was paying for it. As for the heat, in my roady the floor board is always a convection oven whether it is hot or cold outside and so far no fires or melted carpet.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by fillup@Aug 5 2005, 04:24 PM
Congrats on the car, for me it was the second most important day of my life, the first obviously being the day my hair dryers are complete i can spank vette boy down the street like he was paying for it. As for the heat, in my roady the floor board is always a convection oven whether it is hot or cold outside and so far no fires or melted carpet.
[snapback]142287[/snapback]​

Thank you,

Well its nice to hear that my car isnt a "lemon"...thanks for all the feedback!

Matt

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I'm on my second 350 and it was that way with both of them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by StudyBuddy@Aug 5 2005, 08:12 AM

I've noticed that my floor board and most of the carpeted area in the front of the car gets hot when I drive for about 30 minutes also. It's pretty common.

You should feel the cupholders of an RX-8 after you drive it hard for a while. They're right above the transmission and I swear you could heat up a sandwich in there.
[snapback]141912[/snapback]​

Actually...I think why it's heating up is because of the exhaust. The previous owner changed the factory exhaust, and it is really heating up the car. Any ideas on what I should look for/do? I'm concerned it wasn't installed properly...

Thanks!

Matt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Aug 6 2005, 12:24 AM
It has nothing to do w the exhaust, the floor board on my drivers side AND the center console around my AT stick get hot w/ driving, before AND after my exhaust swap.  Summer or winter, it gets hot (warm not blazing)
[snapback]142475[/snapback]​

Just so you guys know i have a Injen Super SES Exhaust System. Now i know i dont really know anything about cars, but... I'm just worried, i know its summer, but the heat from whatever is really noticable.... and the heat show up when the engine is reved, it doesnt have to be in gear...Again, i know next to nothing about cars.

Matt

·
Registered
100 Posts
my car is hot in all of those places and it is very noticable. It was hot before I changed the exhaust and it is hot after it.. just run the air if you are hot and dont worry about it.. If you have a buddy with a z ride in his for awhile and you will fell the heat to.. sports cars like ours will do this...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
My Z is hot. Period. :cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.