Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a 2004 350z 6-speed. And i notice the gear shift noise is quite loud kind of a clunking sound.especially between 1st and 2nd? is this the case for all z's? or do i have tranny problems?

·
Registered
12 Posts
i had a 'grinding' noise when i shifted into 3rd - took it to the dealer and said he was going to have to replace my tranny :doh: -- they said that it had some internal problem. anyway they acted like they knew exactly what i was talking about - i guess they have had that problem before - it didn't cost anything,(thank god 4 warranty) and they gave me a new clutch assembly :werd:
hope this is of some help

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
A "clunking" sound sounds about regular. A grinding noise is what you need to watch out for. If you start having any doubts, take it to Nissan. These cars have big problems with the trannys, so you could very likely have a bigger problem than you realize.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If it is a clinking noise that seems to come from the right rear of the car you have a bad cv joint. I just got mine replaced under warrenty and it fixed the problem.

-Mike

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I had my clutch assembly replaced by nissan at no charge around 20k miles because of a grinding noise. The "clunk" noise is normal though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts