Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Chris/Terri, I'm curious about how to do track days. I don't have access to a car to track yet, but I'd like to sometime relatively soon. My understanding is that for competent track drivers the open test days are the way to go, they're cheaper if you don't need the training (100-200). If you do need the training, you go to a clinic/raceschool/etc? Is this more or less correct? Also, how much do you budget for a day on the track total?

~Pat

Pat,

You'll need (or want) training no matter what. Most tracks won't let you out without experience unless it's a private booking ($$$$$). Most larger tracks around the country range anywhere from $500 up. While others force you to take expensive schools before you can even set foot (or tire) out onto the track. Go to a big name school and pay $2000+ for a few days of instruction. As you can see it varies quite a bit. I don't argue their methods or cost. It's just the way business is run.

We have days here for education & we have days here for more veteran drivers who are looking for open practice; aka test and tune. For our "open lapping days" we have a special @ BeaveRun where you get instruction included for $165. This is the best price around by a long shot. :) You get around 100 min. of track time. Which is more than enough for the beginner/novice. It's price as such to help the sport grow. As well as gain a strong customer base.

Track day budget can range as different places charge different amounts. It really depends on what you want to do, how long you want to do it, etc. Figure $100-200 a day is an average price. But you can easily surpass that budget.

Give me an idea of what you want to do, etc. I'll give you as must assistance as I can. A little instruction goes a long way. Don't ever pass up the chance to take a class. It's really the best modification you can do to your car.

:shiftdrive:

Typically auto X is a great inexpensive way to get into the sport.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Best thing to do is either ride with Chris or have him ride with you :lol:

I had such a GREAT time yesterday, I only took ONE PICTURE! And you know me I'm a picturewhore! LOL

Honestly it was awesome, I appreciate the time you took aside for me Chris--you are too good to me! :wub: It was so much fun, I'm glad you finally talked me into it. Payback_56 Chris' dad took a bunch of pictures, so I'll post what he sends me :lol: It really was a great experience, and for $30 **** I'll be there as much as I can!!! :lol: The course was excellent, really really made me MORE confident in the Z's handling (and I have to say sliding a little is a little bit fun!)

And I know payback Chris is really glad that we talked HIM into it as well!

Thanks again :yourock: I'll be out again soon!

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Guys/Queenie,

We really need to get a Z/G track day up here. This season is already over and sadly it didn't happen in 08. Let's put it together for 09!!!

I'll update the thread with the 09 schedule when it's finalized. New BR Website should be up any day now..

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Ok, moving a little slower than the post at the top of this page, how's the total road skills course? I've surprised myself twice in the Miata, and I agree with the page that drivers ed blows and needs to be improved, especially before I add 200hp. Chris do you teach the course? Have you (or anyone) heard of anything just a wee bit closer (probably at Lime Rock). I know skid school exists in Massachusetts, and I'm also considering that. Opinions from the audience?

Thanks

~Patrick

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
QUOTE (NoZYet @ Nov 29 2008, 10:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=561387
Ok, moving a little slower than the post at the top of this page, how's the total road skills course? I've surprised myself twice in the Miata, and I agree with the page that drivers ed blows and needs to be improved, especially before I add 200hp. Chris do you teach the course? Have you (or anyone) heard of anything just a wee bit closer (probably at Lime Rock). I know skid school exists in Massachusetts, and I'm also considering that. Opinions from the audience?

Thanks

~Patrick

Hey Patrick,

Sorry for the late reply, I'm rarely on here anymore.

I'm not familiar with any schools near your home town. If you are ever in the area, or feel like traveling, I would be happy to take care of you. We can do any training you want on a private 1 on 1 basis.

Best,

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Lots of new stuff this season. With our Time Attack and Gymkhana kicking off the season come April.

Looking forward to seeing some new Z's :)

I also cannot wait to install this super sweet Carbonetic clutch. ;) Twin Disc goodness with lightweight flywheel option. No more 56lb . clutch / fw for me! Also, no more worries about repeated clutch kicks and launches!

Ah.. I cannot wait.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts