• Going to keep my 350

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean I know that not everyone is going for the 370. But Im torn and I just wanted to see what everyone has to say about it.
Not just that though what you guys (or girls) like about it or dislike about it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Honestly I think I would keep my 350. I say "I think" as I have not driven one yet so couldn't really make a call fairly. Unless there were HUGE differences in power/handling etc... (for the better of course)

All well and good to judge a car on paper and other people's impressions, but not everyone is the same. Prime example is the 370's looks.

So until I get my grubby paws on one and test drive it... I'll say the 350 but would prefer an undecided box to place my tick in.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
QUOTE (Monk13 @ Dec 5 2008, 04:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=561992
Honestly I think I would keep my 350. I say "I think" as I have not driven one yet so couldn't really make a call fairly. Unless there were HUGE differences in power/handling etc... (for the better of course)

All well and good to judge a car on paper and other people's impressions, but not everyone is the same. Prime example is the 370's looks.

So until I get my grubby paws on one and test drive it... I'll say the 350 but would prefer an undecided box to place my tick in.
+1

I think what I plan on doing is driving to a dealership in my 350 next Spring or Summer and then taking the 370 for a test drive. Depending on what it feels like and what they'd offer me for the 350, I MIGHT go for it but I highly doubt it. I love my Z33 too much.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I can't stand the headlights.

I think the rear of the car is fine, actually like it a lot. But the lines of the goofy arrow headlights just don't flow with the overall impression of the car from the front. Look at a BMW and you will see how the lines in and around the headlights and grill follow angles that match to the A-pillars and windshield.

Nissan just pointed the headlights forward to help everyone remember which direction the car moves.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
QUOTE (Hefty @ Dec 9 2008, 01:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=562458
I can't stand the headlights.

I think the rear of the car is fine, actually like it a lot. But the lines of the goofy arrow headlights just don't flow with the overall impression of the car from the front. Look at a BMW and you will see how the lines in and around the headlights and grill follow angles that match to the A-pillars and windshield.

Nissan just pointed the headlights forward to help everyone remember which direction the car moves.
In my personal opinion, BMW has THE WORST styling of any upscale brand. Sure the lines flow right, but they are the wrong lines. Have you looked at the 1 series lately...or the penis-mobile (aka the Z4 coupe)? I wasn't crazy about the 370 until I saw it in person, I would advise against judging it based on pictures you have seen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll jump in here, I guess. Overall, I wish I'd known about and waited for the 370. I bought an Enthusiast 08 Z last Xmas -- after putting down a deposit on the BMW 135i and changing my mind. Things I desperately wanted in the 350: more horsepower, lighter weight, FRICKIN' KEYLESS IGNITION, better stereo, better clutch/transmission and no stupid stabilization bar in the hatch. The 370 hits at least four of those, if not five. Not sure about the whole rev-matching transmission. I'd have to try it. Body-wise, I like the little dip in the tiny rear window. Makes it look more aggressive. In the 350, that straight line from front to rear window looks awkward and dated now, compared to the 370. But... the front end seems to overhang more, which I hate. I like short front and back ends. The grill's a little more modern, but kind of catfish-like. Undecided on that. The roof is flatter and more aggressive. I like that. The doors have lost the little indentation and acquired a somewhat BMW-like flare at the bottom -- without the stupid "melting" look of the 135i. I think the side of the car looks sleeker and smoother now. More Porsche-like. Headlights? I don't care. No real opinion one way or the other. Don't care for the wheels. I liked the 2007/2008 wheels. Those are nice (though I'm buying new ones in the next week or two).

If I could trade up without losing a bundle, I'd do it. When I traded in my 2006 Civic Si after two years, it was still worth what I paid for it brand new (seriously). No such luck with the Z.

Overall, I have a couple of small issues with the new Z, but I still wish I'd known it was coming. I would've waited for it.

NerveBag

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nissan tried to do too much with the 370 in terms of appearance. The goal was to preserve the 350 shape enough so the car would continue to be recognized as a Z. Who can tell why but for some reason they decided to resurrect the look of the original 240 and blend that into the car. Lastly, they decided to include "exciting" (term used by Nissan, NA CEO) new features like the funny lights, useless fangs, and rear butthole along with a failed attempt at significantly reducing weight.

The result is the 370 Z "Catfish" edition from Pixar Entertainment and Disney Studios. The car is a mutt and there are as many people who like it as there are who don't. Some say this is a "normal" reaction to a new generation but I disagree. Perhaps a better analogy is to say that the 370 is a lousy sequel to the 350. They had something good going for them and they messed it up. I'm keeping my 350 and waiting until they do this again...hopefully better next time around.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Nope, this is the last Nissan product for me...

In over 30 years of driving I've never owned a car that has had so many quality problems. I've had the engine and steering rack replaced and now I have a a very frequent and annoying clicking sound that the dealer swears isn't the rear axle problem, but is at a loss to find what IS the problem.

I probably should have dumped this car after the engine problem, but after fighting with Nissan for 5 months (pre-TSB) to get them to fix it I felt like I had too much invested in it to give up.

Buy another Nissan -- especially the first year of a new model? Nope, I've learned my lesson...

·
Registered
187 Posts
QUOTE (1flyer2 @ Dec 16 2008, 04:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=563288

In over 30 years of driving I've never owned a car that has had so many quality problems. I've had the engine and steering rack replaced and now I have a a very frequent and annoying clicking sound that the dealer swears isn't the rear axle problem, but is at a loss to find what IS the problem.

I probably should have dumped this car after the engine problem, but after fighting with Nissan for 5 months (pre-TSB) to get them to fix it I felt like I had too much invested in it to give up.

Buy another Nissan -- especially the first year of a new model? Nope, I've learned my lesson...
Sorry to hear that. I actually think Nissan cars are a better product than most if not all domestics. Also I have an 03 and have never had nearly as many headaches as you. I guess newer isn't always better.

·
Registered
450 Posts
QUOTE (1flyer2 @ Dec 17 2008, 07:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=563288

That's a shame.

I had a similar issue with my last car - a Honda Accord V6L.

It has a bulltet proff reputation, but mine had a Porous Engine Block (an unfortunate, but rare issue with alluminium blocks).!!!! Absolute 1 in a million!!!

We fought tooth and nail with Honda to get it fixed.

... Still when it came time to buy mum a car, we bought her a Civic. Because everything else sucked even more.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
I like the 370 alot, but we "traded" way up, so we won't be looking into the 370 -- at least not this go around.

If we didn't get the GT-R the 370 was high on the list of options. Once I saw it in person, I fell in love with it.
If you're interested in comfort and leg room -- it's a perfect fit and there is more. :)

I don't think I should vote --since I don't think we're keeping the 350Z and we're not getting a 370Z.

((I just can't bring myself to put her up for sale... I just can't do it.))

·
Registered
722 Posts
I am going to see a 370 in person tomorrow, but I will put my .02 in anyway.

Stock vs stock, I think the 370Z is a better car than my 05 350. The shorter wheelbase and huge power advantage is simply better. (Remember ,my 287HP would be less if it were measured with the new standards.)

Pro's: (vs my 05)

More power
Shorter wheelbase
Syncro rev-match
Better brakes
More MPH in every gear (less shifting on course / track)

Cons:

Wider car looks cool but my 350 already feels as wide as a bus when I am on course and transitioning back and forth. (compared to other cars I have driven on course)
19"wheels means more money and less options for tires. (I run 17's now and go through at least two complete sets / year. 19's = OUCH!)

I will update in a few...

·
Registered
1 Posts
In 2 months I will have had my 03 350z six years and it is the best car I have ever owned. So, it's time for a change. I have a 370Z on it's way to the US. The only thing that aggravates me is that although Nissan offers the aero package as an option ($600) on the base model, you have to buy the $3k sport package which I do not want to get it. Nissan has not started making that option available yet. You can order the spolier from the parts department for 6oo bucks and 600 for the front chin for a total of $1,200 and that does not include labor for installation.

The price of the touring model is getting up to the $40k range. That killed the 300z so Nissan better watch out.

Update: Nissan is going to install the aero package at port of entry in CA, Yea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts