Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys with 400+, how are you hooking up?? i have a low boost 5psi 363hp and a high boost setting 8.5 414hp, i want to launch in high boost, but i just peel out. I bought a greddy toggle switch for the boost controller (the one that goes on the steering wheel) i launch at low boost and hit high boost half way through 2nd gear, how are you guys doing it?im thinking of a LSD

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Yes, an LSD would help to apply the power to the rear wheels. Do you have the base model Z, or are you looking to just upgrade your LSD?

The rear wheels are angled so that the Z is not the best launcher, but handles a lot better in the curves.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Agreed that the first thing to be done is a good LSD to help apply the power. Then just make sure you get some good quality tires. If you are trying to go for good times at the track then I would suggest looking into get a set of street ETs that you can swap out for track days. That will really allow you to put the power down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agreed that the first thing to be done is a good LSD to help apply the power. Then just make sure you get some good quality tires. If you are trying to go for good times at the track then I would suggest looking into get a set of street ETs that you can swap out for track days. That will really allow you to put the power down.
How is the Nismo LSD do you know? I might have a deal my dealership to get Nismo Parts if I allow my car to be a demo that will display there. My APS TT is being installed right now so I know I will have the traction issue also. I went with Toyo Tires 245/35/18 in the front and 285/35/18 in the back.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
An LSD is a must to minimize spinning. Even if you have the stock LSD, I would still recommend upgrading it. Second would be a set of good tires. If you're still on stock wheels, you're going to need some rubber to put the power to the ground. I'd recommend getting a set of track wheels for the drag strip if you're serious about it, but if you're not you are going to need a super-sticky street tire.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have the touring, i was looking for at the KaAz slip, the nismo hugs to hard, i got dunlop sp 9000 283/35/19 theyll launch really good

·
Registered
120 Posts
Getting a clean start on street tires is going to be challenging, regardless of your setup. It takes a lot of practice, and patience. An aftermarket LSD will help equalize power between the wheels, becuase even the stock VLSD on the 350Z/G35 is not very good at doing this.

In regards to LSD, you may not be happy with the Nismo, strictly from a comfort and sound perspective on the street. It is probably the noisiest, grabbiest, and chirpy'est (I know thats not a word), LSD on the market. Take a look at the ATS Carbon LSD's, Quiafe, or Cusco.

It depends what your goal is. All of the LSD's should performae nicely when pushed on the track, but also ask yourself how you would like the LSD to behave on the street, when making a U-turn,for instance..etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What would be the best LSD for street use then. I would like to track once in a while, but would be aiming for a better LSD on daily street

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
From what I have read; Cusco makes two different unit's. The RS and the MZ. I always thought the MZ is the same as the Nismo unit. Several vendors also confirmed this. :dunno:

Phunk from CJ Motorsports is putting down 573whp on the OEM V-LSD. To him it feels just fine. I guess it's up to the individual.

I was looking at getting the Nismo installed with the 3.91 gears in the next few months. But I still have a lot of reading to do on the LSD. I may opt for the Cusco RS model as it's supposed to be less noisy. Not silent, but more quiet. Than again.. I may just leave the V-LSD in there. So far, with my puny power levels (260whp) I cannot find any fault with it. I plan on going with the HKS supercharger come Febuary, so I may just have to wait and find out for myself.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
From what I have read; Cusco makes two different unit's. The RS and the MZ. I always thought the MZ is the same as the Nismo unit. Several vendors also confirmed this. :dunno:
Phunk from CJ Motorsports is putting down 573whp on the OEM V-LSD. To him it feels just fine. I guess it's up to the individual.
I was looking at getting the Nismo installed with the 3.91 gears in the next few months. But I still have a lot of reading to do on the LSD. I may opt for the Cusco RS model as it's supposed to be less noisy. Not silent, but more quiet. Than again.. I may just leave the V-LSD in there. So far, with my puny power levels (260whp) I cannot find any fault with it. I plan on going with the HKS supercharger come Febuary, so I may just have to wait and find out for myself.
Found a site that might help explain the differences in the Cusco's LSD.

http://www.napsusa.com/lsd.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts