Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the rear under diffusers that come stock on the track models are worth the 70 bucks to get? Do they make any difference?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I think that the difference is like .29 compared to .30 drag?

And that is combined with the from lower chin spoiler thingy?

~Z~

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yes, that's combined with the front diffuser AND the OEM spoiler.

Not worth the money IMO.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Was worth it to me to keep from scratching the bumper on low curbs, now the diffuser takes the hit instead...

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
where are the diffusers? are they under body or a body part?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
thanks Dirn!

after looking at the pictures it looks like there are a whole slew of brackets that need to get replaced or removed for the diffusers to be installed.

why not take a piece of aluminum sheet, cut a patteren and bolt to the area which would probably serve the same purpose?

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by buZam@Aug 20 2005, 11:12 AM
thanks Dirn!

after looking at the pictures it looks like there are a whole slew of brackets that need to get replaced or removed for the diffusers to be installed.

why not take a piece of aluminum sheet, cut a patteren and bolt to the area which would probably serve the same purpose?
[snapback]147419[/snapback]​

Than Nissan couldn't ask $70+ for an aluminum sheet. How much wt is added this way??

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I don't know, but I think I will try to fabricate over the next few weeks as I have a roll of aluminum in the garage. I would imagine that it would not be much as the whole roll about 50' x 3' weights about 15 lbs!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts