Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had my day on the track at Moroso Motorsport Park in Florida!
I was nervous, slightly scared (of what I was getting into), and excited!!!

First I had to get my brake lines bled, replace my stop tech pads with some racing brake pads and my OEM rims and tires placed back onto shezhot. Friday my son and I left Georgia headed to Winter Haven where we would have the swaps take place at Nick's place. Then we traveled to Moroso. This motor park is located off the Beeline hwy in Jupiter, Fla:

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/FL/Moroso.html#TrackMap

Nick's website: http://www.ntechengineering.com/

I had a blast. I was told that my Z may sustain substatial damage by flying rubber, rocks, and debris so I bought three rolls of blue painters tape and proceeded to make a nose mask for shezhot that was worthy of space flight!!
On Saturday we drove to Moroso. The grounds of the park we covered with every car imaginable for sport. I drooled as I saw 3 Z's (Brick, Black, Silver), a lot of vette's, vipers, porsche's, and more!

I took my place in the classroom to learn all about how to track a car, the flags they use to communicate with you while you are on the track, and looked at a few damaged cars from previous events.

Next it was time for my track run. My instructor was Denise. She is a race driver and had a few races to drive that weekend. She rode with me each time I went out (three 30 min lap sessions) and gave me very detailed instructions on how to corner, brake after high speeds (my top speed was 94 then braking to about 65-70 to take on some of the tightest curves), and keep my momentum going through the apex so I could shoot down the straights with greater speed.

I had a blast. Nick, who is my mechanical engineer ;) races his blue Z and was specatcular at placing 7th the first day and 4th on Sunday (this is out of 20 cars and starting last). He has a new Power Enterprise Twin Turbo that sounds so sweet!! It's the quietest TT I've ever heard.

Well here are some pics...ENJOY!! I know I can't track again for a few more months. It's an expensive but addictive hobby. I plan to return to a track in December. I want to try Sebring next!

Getting brakes bled

Moroso Saturday Morning

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Nice Pam!!!

Looks like a lot of nice cars were there!

EDIT: Nevermind, I see why now. :doh:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
[/quote]

You don't want to get a headlight knocked out by flying rubber or have chunks of rocks and such flying into your paint job. The tape shields your car from damage. I just was a bit heavy handed in protecting shezhot. She wins trophies for her fine Zaino beauty...lmao
<div align="right">[snapback]80263[/snapback]
[/quote]
Thanks for explaining. :doh:

Yeah, at least she didn't get hurt though. :rolf2:

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know!! There was a BMW there Saturday that lost his brakes and flipped over the tire wall. It was awful to see that wrecker truck bring that smashed up car back to the pits.

The guy walked away but it made me appreciate the money I spent on upgrading my brakes. Nothing like brake fade and failure to screw up your day. I think the BMW was an M3...not sure. I'll ask JC.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Props to you Pam for taking the training course...looks like you had a great time. You protected your beautiful Z quite well...can't blame you for that one bit.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Looks like you had a lot of fun, Pam! Congrats on the run and good job on the prep work!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Wow! That's some serious prep work on your part. Looks like fun! Congrats on getting out and playing!

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
That's awesome Pam!!!

Glad you had fun! :clap:

I've also heard of using that Glad Press-n-seal or whatever it is to protect during auto-x along the bottom in case you hit a cone...maybe that would work for track use too...and it might not look like ugly blue tape :)

Anyways, it's great to see that you had fun and were careful. Keep it safe out there!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
[/quote]

Pam if you get the black bra you will have to take off the radiator cooling panel, just a heads up, the hooks hook onto the part that the panel covers up...and if you have an aftermarket grille, forget it, but you still are stock in that area. Don't want you wasting the $..........:idea: Light bulb moment, before you buy a new one let's talk about mine that was used only for about 6 months, perfectly good condition...you'd have to get the snap head bolts for the inside of the wheelwell (only 2) and I am sure Jason @ Performance could hook you up on those....just a thought....

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
do you have NOS in the car? what's that silver tank in the back of your car (you can see it in the front view picture)??

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
[/quote]

I was wonderin that too.. looks kinda small to be a NOS tank
<div align="right">[snapback]80769[/snapback]
[/quote]

yeah. that's what i was thinking. ya think it could be a farad cap??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts