Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to reset the tpms' without going to the stealership? I have to replace one and I'm buying it from a guy on another forum. The delaership said they have to hook it up to a computer and reset all 4 for them to work. Is this correct? Anyone got some insight?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The dealership is correct in stating their Nissan CONSULT unit can be used to get your ECM to recognize the individual TPMS units. There is no way to manually reset them, but there are electronic tools that some tire stores may use to also reset the units. You'll have to call around to find out if any of the tire stores in your area may have them. I know my local Costco has one, but you have to buy tires from them to use the device.

·
Registered
154 Posts
There is a way to set them manually, I have done it on my 05 roadster with aftermarket wheels and sensors. There is a connector under the dash on the passengers side. It is held to a larger wire with blue tape. Ground that wire to the chassis, your tpms light will start blinking, take the car for a drive and all four sensors will be read and the system will be reset. There is a detailed description out there, lost my copy, do a search and you should come up with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
TIP to find the bad one.... FYI, Passenger side reading is on top and Driver side is on bottom.

Suggestion .... to double check..... add air to a tire (with the readings present and the car running) and confirm your readings correspond to the pressure you put in the tire....
The one without a response is the BAD TMPS ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts