Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Question for the people that have an engine damper:

How much vibration and noise is transmitted into the drivers compartment?

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
If you find a decent price online, post the link up for us please.
As far as I am concerned the Ingalls Stiffy Engine Dampener is the only way to go. Use the best offer button and offer them like $130 shipped, if I remember right they will take it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
As far as I am concerned the Ingalls Stiffy Engine Dampener is the only way to go. Use the best offer button and offer them like $130 shipped, if I remember right they will take it.

:cheers:

Another Beer for Bill!

·
Registered
190 Posts
this is all nwe to me but have been reading a bit about them, so sorry for the lame questions.

Do you just need one damper?
also will it help my acceleration.. ie 60ft time at the drags??

Cheers

A

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
this is all nwe to me but have been reading a bit about them, so sorry for the lame questions.

Do you just need one damper?
also will it help my acceleration.. ie 60ft time at the drags??

Cheers

A
I never have taken my car to the drags so it is very hard for me to say, the best person to answer this would probably by Robert. Hopefully he will have an answer for you. One dampener should be plenty. Someone asked about added vibration and noise to the cockpit....I havent noticed any difference in the before and after as far as noise and vibrations go.

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
Andyl, these arent lame questions at all. A lame question would be when someone writes in about their windows not rolling down and if they checked the fuses and everything is ok there so it must be the window motors and is there a TSB out on them. The first thing most of us ask is if the window lock in the drivers door is on. 99.9% of the time this fixes the issue.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Andyl, these arent lame questions at all. A lame question would be when someone rights in about their windows not rolling down and it they checked the fuses and everything is ok there so it must be the window motors and is there a TSB out on them. The first thing most of us ask is if the window lock in the drivers door is on. 99.9% of the time this fixes the issue.
Lol... that has happened to me twice... it took me longer to figure it out the second time... hahaha....

Anyway, I believe we were talking about torque dampers...

·
Registered
737 Posts
I've had trouble locating engine dampers regionally, at least the ones which come recommended. Has anybody from Australia tried using other brand name dampers other than the Ingalls?

I swear, shipping to where I am is going to make my wallet a black hole. One which will probably consume everything in its path.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I've had trouble locating engine dampers regionally, at least the ones which come recommended. Has anybody from Australia tried using other brand name dampers other than the Ingalls?

I swear, shipping to where I am is going to make my wallet a black hole. One which will probably consume everything in its path.
Do they charge a 100% duty on imported items? I thought American products were free of duty there.

Maybe you can have someone 'buy' it for you and send it to you as a 'gift.' :wink: :dunno:

·
Registered
737 Posts
They have a 20% duty on certain items, I can't remember what but it has to meet certain requirements. I came across something on the wires yesterday though. America is looking into a 5 way trade deal with 4 Asia Pacific countries... Brunei being one of them :) So if it ever does take place, I reckon things will get better.

If I did find somebody who could help me out with that, it'd be great... but its tough to go down that road. Its like a leap of faith.

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
PURE engine torque damper is on the drawing board. We have a very special design coming out that is way different than the ones currently available. Ours uses a special adjustable compression shock/spring so you can fine tune the dampening to your taste. Stiffen it up for the track or soften it for the ladies night.

stay tuned /

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
:OMG:

Awesome... I'm assuming "drawing board" means it'll be a while before this hits the shelves, so to speak.

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Man, it never fails... :doh: I get a motordyne plenum spacer and then find out you offer one.

I ordered an engine damper yesterday!....

I am interested in seeing yours when it is ready. Keep us posted!

·
Administrator
16,332 Posts
:OMG:

Awesome... I'm assuming "drawing board" means it'll be a while before this hits the shelves, so to speak.
We already have the damper. We are working on coming up with a slick looking mounting system. Shouldnt be long before it is unveiled. Also we will be launching the oil cooler group buy after the holidays.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Any chance for some teaser shots of the Damper?

This is great news, great to see more stuff coming out from PURE...

:clap:
Now were just waiting on the PURE V-8 Twin-Turbo engine swap to be released... Come on man... how hard could that be to make? :shiftdrive:

+1 on the teaser pics... I'd like to see too

·
Registered
182 Posts
in all honesty, save your money...they are not a worthwhile mod at all (I've used them all, even broken a few)

if you want to do it right, get the stiffer motor mounts.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
in all honesty, save your money...they are not a worthwhile mod at all (I've used them all, even broken a few)

if you want to do it right, get the stiffer motor mounts.
I was going to ask you how deep your pockets are compared to some of us. That list you typed up on the other thread looks like it would be in the thousands. For some of us, $150 isn't all that much for a weekend toy.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts