Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a two part question. The first question is in regards to the tornado fuel saver. Has anyone used this w/ their CAI or on a stock intake ? The tornado is a metal fan like device that is installed before the mass air censor and is supposed to swirl the air creating a miniature supercharger like effect.

the second question has to do w/ a module/chip called the juice box . Thejuicebox.com

The Juice Box Power Control module performs in multiple ways. First, it modifies your Manufactures stock settings.Then modifies signals being read by the ECU,(Your vehicles computer) causing an adjustment to the fuel curve, which is what creates the increase in horsepower and torque, as well The Juice Box improves throttle response and shift speed,Faster acceleration. A best feature of The Juice Box is it's "High-Heat Signal Correction." In short, when the engine compartment heats up, some sensors that relay pertinent fuel curve contingent information to the ECU begin to lose accuracy due to heat absorption into the sensor.The ECU then reads these incorrect signals, and leans out the fuel curve, which is bad for performance.These errors cannot be corrected from within the computer, there must be an independent unit to correct these errors. The Juice Box is designed to automatically compensate for these signal errors. The Juice Box competes with the higher priced modules but at a fraction of the cost.All backed by a lifetime Warrantee.

I purchased this for $35.00 and it included shipping ..I even talked to a rep from the company and they said its legit ...what are your thoughts

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I think both products are phony. Good luck with them though. Try to do a before and after dyno and let us know how things turn out :thumbsup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
am i the only "A" hole to get taken on this "juicebox" BS..anyone out there tried either one of these ????????

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Not that I know of, and you are not the "A" hole, the ads are really deceiving for these types of products. If you are looking for good performance upgrades, guaranteed they are going to cost more than $35 for something that is supposed to upgrade your ECU......

·
Registered
310 Posts
You are not the only one, so please don't feel bad. But yes, it is junk. And by the way, asking the guy selling the piece of junk if it is junk is not wise. As someone who is independent.

The tornado thing has nothing in common with a supercharger or a "supercharger effect". They claim that it causes a vortex that helps to atomize fuel better, which then causes a better burn. I am sorry, but if it creates a vortex, the vortex could not hold formation from the location of the tornado to the fuel injector. It just is not possible. If does help you to save fuel, it is only because it is restricting the intake. Afterall, less air means you need to use less fuel and in the end, you may save SOME gas.

As for the juice box thing, they are called by main names and really only amount to a Radio Shack $0.10 resistor in a box with some wires. Once hooked up to the MAF sensor, the resistor raises the voltage on the sensor wire and makes the ECU think there is more air coming in then there actually is. So, the ECU dumps in too much fuel. Somethimes, on cars really designed for economy, this can actually produce power. Usually though, the resistor is too weak to have an effect or too strong. When too strong, your gas mileage goes down badly and you run to rich. Running rich can cause many, many, many expensive issues (torched rings, shot cats, dead O2 sensors, and the list goes one).

Long story short, if they do work, they probably don't work in the proper way or they work in a dangerous way. And that is a big IF.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I am going to have to go with everyone else on this and say you got hosed on this deal. HP is not that cheap and easy to make in almost anything.

I know someone on another board had dyno'd his car after he bought it 2nd hand any was only putting down like 220 at the wheels which is kinda low by about 10 or so HP on the avg Z. He found one of those tornado things in his intake tube and took it out and re-dyno'd. He gained about 10HP taking that thing out.

Just be wary of anything that sounds too good to be true because it probably is.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys...This site is awesome ! Anyone want to buy a "juicebox" brand new in a box! ..lol .....I would be open to someone willing to test this out on a dyno ......keep the module as a conselation...

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Originally posted by koppenj1@Aug 8 2005, 03:06 PM
thanks guys...This site is awesome ! Anyone want to buy a "juicebox" brand new in a box! ..lol .....I would be open to someone willing to test this out on a dyno ......keep the module as a conselation...
[snapback]143187[/snapback]​

sell it on EBAY ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts